Ministry Delegate and a Lazy Day

The next morning everyone sits in the living room waiting for the Ministry Delegate to arrive "What time did they say they'd be here?" Sirius asks. "For the eighth time Pads, they're arriving at eleven." Remus sighs, not looking up from his book. "But I'm bored." Sirius pouts. "You're always bored." James points out. "It's nearly eleven Sirius. Just be patient." Lily tells him. "What do they actually put in the registry?" Harry asks. "The kind of animal that the Animagi transforms into and their distinctive markings." Hermione responds. Harry nods and starts playing with Draco's hair as Draco rests his head in Harry's lap "So a bit like a police database but for Animagi." he says. "Exactly." Hermione nods. "Police?" Ron asks. "Muggle Aurors." Lily explains as simply as possible. Just then the doorbell goes followed by Dobby appearing with a crack "Mistress Cissa, the Ministry Delegate has arrived. Shall I bring him through?" he asks. "Please do Dobby. Thank you." Cissa smiles. Dobby nods and disappears with another crack, Cissa turns to Fred and George "Remember you two, no messing around or pretending to be each other." she warns them. "Yes Cissa." they respond simultaneously. Dobby leads the Ministry Delegate in, the man sitting down and pulling out a clipboard with forms and a quill "So, who wants to go first?" he asks. James stands up "I will." he tells him, transforming. The Ministry Delegate starts writing down James' markings, before nodding "Okay, next one." he says, handing James a copy of the form.

The Ministry Delegate gets up "Well, everything seems to be in order. You'll get a letter within the next week or so with a copy of the certificate." he tells everyone. "Thank you sir. I'll see you out." Narcissa smiles, leading the man out the room. "Okay you lot, make sure you have everything to take back to school later tonight." Lily tells the children. "Already packed mum." Harry smiles. "We made sure to do it this morning so we could the day doing something." Draco adds, the others nodding. "You guys want to play Quidditch don't you?" Remus asks. "Quidditch season is coming up." Fred starts. "We need to practice if we want to win the cup." George adds. "Go on, practice brooms are in the shed." Lily smiles. The children run out the room, heading out to the Quidditch pitch "Make sure to be back in for dinner!" James calls after them. "We will!" they all call back.

Harry catches the snitch for the fifth time in two hours making Fred and George high five him "We're definitely winning the cup if you keep playing like this." Fred tells him. Harry grins as they all land and put their brooms away "Come on, we need to clean up before dinner." Hermione tells them all. They all walk in "Take your shoes off, we don't want mud in the house." Narcissa tells them, stopping them in the hallway. They all take off their shoes "Thank you, go wash up ready for dinner." Narcissa smiles, making them all run off upstairs. Once washed up they all head back downstairs and to the dining room "You looking forward to going back to school?" Remus asks. "Yes and no." Harry responds. "Why no?" Sirius asks. "Lockhart." Harry responds. "He is a bit..." James trails off. "But Quidditch will be starting soon." Fred pipes up. "With the way Harry was playing I won't be surprised if we win this year." George nods. "Looking forward to seeing my house team play." James smiles. "If Oliver gets us up as early as he did last year..." Harry trails off. "Ugh, don't remind us." the twins respond. "That bad?" Lily asks. "Sometimes before the sun has even risen." Harry tells her. "He is very competitive." Fred explains, making Harry and George nod. "He's also planning on going pro when he graduates, making him even worse when it comes to going over strategies." George adds. "Sounds a bit like James when he was Captain." Sirius tells them. "I was not that bad!" James protests. "Yes you were." Lily, Sirius, Remus and Regulus tell him simultaneously.

After dinner the children grab their bags and meet the adults in the drawing room to floo back to Hogwarts "Okay, you sure you have everything?" Narcissa asks. "If they've forgotten anything we can either send it to them or give it to them at the first match of the season." Regulus points out. "Besides they only brought some clothes, homework and their wash stuff." Sirius adds. "Okay, you better head back then. Make sure to owl." Narcissa tells them. "We will." all the children respond. One by one they all head through the floo and back to Hogwarts, landing in McGonagall's office "Welcome back. I assume by the fact that you're all here, that you successfully transformed." McGonagall smiles. "Yeah, it was went really well." Lily tells her. "They all did amazing." James nods. "You going to show me?" McGonagall asks. The children nod and all transform "Very impressive. Now you better all transform back and head to your common room, it's getting towards curfew." McGonagall tells them. "Yes Professor." they respond, Harry hugging his parents before they leave.