Percy snorted. "Slimy corporate, duh." Grey pantsuit and ponytail were dead giveaways.

The woman was on the phone, her face scrunched up in a disdainful expression. "No, the report has to be sent out today, Jason—Call Piper and ask where the hell her submission is, I can't miss this deadline, the meeting is next week—" She closed her eyes, seemingly ticked and holding in her anger. "No, no, okay, hold on, I'm at the counter," she paused, listening, then rolled her eyes. "Yes, it's a Starbucks, so I can expect them to absolutely butcher my name—"

Sparing a glance at Percy, Annabeth pulled the phone away from her ear, eyes flickering to the menu overhead. "Java Chip Frappacino, thanks." Her gaze landed on him again, and Percy watched amusedly as her eyes widened fractionally.

She had to be insane. It was, minimum, 2 degrees outside, and she was still going to drink an icy drink.

"Will that be all?" Percy asked.

She nodded distractedly, the person on the phone still speaking.

"Who should I make it out to?"

"Uh," she blinked. "Annabeth Chase." Seeming to break out of her daze, she returned to her phone call.

Percy grabbed the plastic cup and a marker. A smirk tugged at his lips as he recalled her words.

Three minutes later, Percy made sure that he was paying attention as Hazel raised the cup to the light to read the name. "Um, Annie Bell Chase?" 

Percy saw her jaw drop and indignance flash through her eyes. Annabeth took her drink, eyeing him distastefully as she left. Percy watched her leave, unable to help the grin that broke out on his face.

The next morning, Percy was surprised to see her come in again at the same time. Ponytail, a navy blue pantsuit this time, and determination in her posture. She wasn't on the phone this time, but tapped her foot impatiently as she made the same order. "Annabeth Chase," she enunciated.

"Abigail Chase," Hazel called out, the hint of a smile on her face.

Annabeth glared at Percy. "It's Annabeth," she said this time before leaving.

The next day was "Avery", which Annabeth reacted to with outrage.

After that came "Apple".

"I swear that that's what you told me," Percy said innocently.

Annabeth crossed her arms. "Really?" she demanded. "Apple?"

"Hey." Percy raised his hands in surrender. "You could be Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter for all I know."

Annabeth pursed her lips, looking like she wanted to retort, but she turned on her heel and left.

After that week, Percy decided to get a little more creative. Really, he couldn't stay limited by logic.

On Monday morning, Hazel took one look at the cup and burst into laughter. She didn't even try to hide the gleam in her eye as she called out, "Air Conditioning?"

Percy had underlined the 'A' and 'C', and he gave her a friendly wave as she walked up with gritted teeth to sweep up the drink.

Percy Jackson One Shots and Short Stories जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें