Falling Off The Edge

Start from the beginning

The rumors Jade was spreading, and the information she shared about James's past it was wrong on so many levels.

"Promise me, James," Sang said holding out her pinkie finger.

James blushed her mouth popping open. "Sunshine...I don't make promises..."

Sang's heart twisted at that but she didn't deter. "Scarlet promise me you understand I won't leave you. I may get upset with you, we may fight but I'm not going anywhere."

James took in a shaky breath, "I promise I understand." She whispered.

Sang nodded letting her other hand go. "What about Jade?"

James twisted her lips, "Can we talk about her another time?"

Sang frowned but nodded. She couldn't believe the other girl got away with sharing James's information telling the school about her past before James could even get the chance. It was cruel.

"Oh, I'm sorry James." Sang finally said she couldn't help but feel sad the other girl seemed to never catch a break. "You don't have to talk to her...Karen."

James shifted looking uncomfortable her hand moving to play with her ring. "She really is nice and funny...She-I guess we just had a misinterpreted conversation. Maybe if we had talked sooner we could have stayed friends..."

Sang wasn't sure if she agreed. Karen ditched James when said needed her how was that fair? James wouldn't do that. And yet here she was trying to defend the other's actions. "Still..." Sang's lips were in thin line eyes narrowed. "I really don't like Jade, and I'm not really sure how I feel about Karen."

"Well, I don't have many good things to say about Jade," James admitted wincing looking all too tired. The purple bags under her eyes seemed to stand out even more.

Sang noticed the other girl looked rather thin, now that she saw her in tighter clothes. The normally baggy clothes hiding her feature. James suddenly looked so fragile...Like a glass doll.

"But Karen? She meant well she just..."

Sang twisted her lips. Did she mean well for leaving James with no good reason? She could have at least said she didn't want to be friends, instead, she ignored the redhead.

Sang opened her mouth to disagree but James was already moving.

"Come on we're going to be late."

Sang sighed, James had shared a lot she wouldn't push the other girl now. "Hey, have you heard anything about Friday fall?"

James had gone to the school last year, surely she would know something about the rumors Sang kept hearing.

The whispers in the halls.

James paused turning to her, "Shit I have, just some whispers I'm not really sure what it is though." She admitted.

"Ditto," Sang frowned rubbing her hands together feeling nervous. It couldn't be that bad right? Maybe a prank? Then why did she have a bad feeling in her gut? "I heard it's gonna happen on the second floor?"

"Huh," James glanced around the gym eyes roaming before she carefully slides her phone out of her pocket. Sang was grateful she didn't want to pull her's out of her bra. There were too many people surrounding them.

Sang quickly moved closer to the shorter girl tilting her head down so she could read the screen. James pulled up Kota's messages asking him if he heard anything about Friday Fall.

"Kota doesn't know anything..." James was frowning chewing on her bottom lip slightly. The normally pink tone to her lips brightening slightly.

Sang blinked a few times feeling her stomach warm as she watched the girl. She quickly brought her own finger to her lip pushing it in. "Tell him to keep an ear out..."