Self Defense

"Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you"

James POV

James was tired.

A simple statement, a quick fact.

James was tired.

Why did she always seem to be tired?

Sometimes she wondered if there would ever be a day she wasn't.

Axel and Brandon stayed at the bar with her until her shift was over. It was nice having their company. She truly liked The Tomas. There was something about them that was just...warm.

There weren't a lot of people she felt safe with.

Not that she didn't have some reservations. She wasn't sure she'd ever feel completely and utterly safe with anyone.

The only person that truly made her feel that safe was her dad.

Her heart clenched. She really missed him. Missed his smile there relationship. She was sad she'd never get to see him again. She wondered what he'd think of the boys and Sang.

James swallowed pressing back those thoughts. Instead she focused on safety. Safety and trust.

She wasn't sure if she'd get to that point again. Feeling so safe and comfortable with a person. Having blind trust in them.

Maybe with the boys and Sang though. In years they were probably the closest that ever got her to that feeling.

Comfort, safe, it's almost like she found solitude with them.

That thought always scared her but she was doing better at accepting that. Accepting them.

James yawned stretching between her period and the dragging day at school she just wanted to sleep.

The hours seemed endless and with getting home late she was tired.

She wanted to curl into a little bawl with a warm blanket and maybe phone John Oliver. Was that too much to ask?

It was unfortunate that Kota and Nathan seemed to have other plans.

James was exhausted.

She glanced down at her workout attire. It was the most relieving she'd be so far around the guys.

Okay not reliving in that her ass cheeks and titties we're out. Cause even if they were she's not sure if you'd be able to see them- well maybe her ass she did have a nice ass...

This was the most reviling in a different sense. Not like naked- Like her shower moments. She didn't like to think about those though. She couldn't think about them.

No these clothes she was wearing were tight...they clung.

She was in a pair of black form-fitting pants, and a tight light blue long-sleeve athletic top. Despite being completely covered she felt exposed.

Maybe it was because of the way her clothes clung to her. Showcasing every curve she normally attempted to hide.

They were something Gabe picked out. She didn't hate them. They were comfortable and cute and a few years ago she would have loved them. It's just she hated how people were view her in them. Maybe if she was by herself she would wear something like this.

She finished pulling her hair up into a high ponytail. Working out.

Self-defense as Kota said.

She opened the door and Sang was waiting for her. "I'm glad you're here this time," Sang admitted. "I just feel so...awkward."