Chapter 42: Mrs King

Start from the beginning

My fingers kept on tapping against my cup as I chewed my lip, as every minute went by I became even more nervous.

In the corner of my eye, I could see Jace looking at me "It's okay to be nervous Carter, just know you aren't alone and I know you miss Lily" his hand lay on my leg, lessening my worries.

"Did I make it that obvious?" I huffed out a short laugh.

"I know you two always wanted a double wedding, and whoever you guys married would have to deal with the fact that you two were so close and would always be a part of each other's lives. Even though she isn't here physically, she'll always be in your heart every step of the way. I can never take her place but I love you, as my best friend. No matter what you tell yourself there is so much goodness in your heart" I could hear the seriousness in his voice as he spoke every word.

I missed Lily more than anything and I'm so thankful to have Jace by my side. Someone I know who will never judge me, no matter what I do.

"Gracias por ser mi mejor amigo" I whispered. (Thank you for being my best friend)

His face looked shocked then a grin spread across his face, he squeezed my thigh making my scream.

"You've been teaching yourself Spanish" He spoke in disbelief.

"You were a shitty teacher" I shrugged.

"Eras una estudiante de mierda"

"All I understood was shitty"

"Let me guess, you learned every swear word first" I nodded.

"HOPE"

I heard Reagen scream my name which possibly woke up the entire house, I pushed as far back into the chair as I could to try and hide.

The door opened up revealing her, who was now wearing a silk dressing gown, her hair pinned in many rolls. Jace was practically drooling.

"Atraparás moscas" Then I clamped his mouth shut before I was pulled up and dragged away.

"If your not careful you'll end up ripping my arm out, I've only just got used to walking without pain meds"

"Oh shush, now come on. Its time to make you panty-dropping beautiful" She winked and shut the door.

_________________

After hours of being prodded and practically mauled I was finally ready. Lots of curse words left my mouth from the amount of hair pulling, I was close to kicking them all out and just getting married in a bin bag.

When we arrived at the place I would see and marry Xavier I was literally sweating buckets. People were running in and out of the doors setting everything up.

Now I stand in front of the mirror, looking at someone I can't even recognise. My brown hair cascades down my back in waterfall waves, the front pinned halfway back in mermaid plaits. Delicate silver and light blue diamonds in the middle of dainty flowers weaved through my hair creating a crown.

My makeup had a more natural look which took some convincing as Reagen wanted me to look like some sort of clown. My eyes were a nude shade, with a shimmer of silver that glistened in the light and a smoky grey, my lashes were thick and long making my bright blue eyes stand out.

My lips were a bright shiny red which completed the look, I could still see the twelve freckles that ran across my cheeks. I refused any makeup on my skin as I hate the feel of it.

My dress was beautiful, with so much detail. It was fit for a princess. The top half was tight, all of it was white lace, the sleeves rested just under my shoulders showing off the top of my chest. A neat slit ran down just between my breasts. Then the rest of it flowed out from the waist, the silver shimmered like crystals.