4

adrabelle

I keep on debating whether or not I should apologize to Matt for leaving him at the tree house and all that jazz. It was really stupid to be like that, especially as his best friend and I should be supporting him. I mean if I really need to apologize I would see him but he is constantly with Cassie. 

She acts all sweet to Matt but when she wants something she'll go and get it. She's like a sweet girl who has a smile on her face but behind that smile is a demon tearing hearts out. That's what she is. She is the opposite of happiness. 

Yesterday, Cassie slapped me again. I would call her my bully but I can stand up to her. It's since I am constantly a strong person but also a weak person. Matt doesn't even know this. He promised to be there for me.

''Hey!'' A familiar voice shouts. I turn around seeing my friend.

"Hey Alexis! You're back!" I hug her. She has been gone for a couple of months now. Her family travels around the world. They don't want to lose the house they have now so they just have a camper, but I think she should just take virtual school. It would be easier for Alexis.

"So how's Matt?" Alexis asks. I forgot, Alexis kind of likes Matt. If I could choose who Matt should date, I would totally pick Alexis instead of the monster known as Cassie. She should be fine with it since she has a huge crush on this boy, Shawn.

"He's dating Cassie," I say in disgust.

"Oh," Alexis looks down.

I nod my head and give her a hug. "Matt has kind of change ever since he has been with her. So don't be surprised."

"Let's just go to class," Alexis sighs. I follow her into class with a few people in class just on their phones. We take our seats, then Cassie and Matt walk in.

"Hey Alexis!" Matt gives her a hug.

"Hi," She says with a blank expression as Cassie rolls her eyes.

"Hey Matt," I give him a hug.

"Hey," He hugs me back awkwardly.

"Can I talk to you?" I ask. He nods and follows me to the halls.

"So what's up?" Matt asks, playing with his fingers.

"Well, you know that day we were at the tree house?" I look at him.

Matt nods still looking down at his fingers. "What about that day?"

"Well you told me you were going to be gone for two months and I just left you there and I just wanted to say I'm sorry," I take a deep breath. What is wrong with me? It's not that hard to apologize.

"It's fine! Really!" Matt says happily, looking back up at me. I smile and hug him. I really like it when he is happy like this but dating Cassie is another thing. Nope, just no. ''All though I thought you would hate me for leave. Just know this is what I really want to do.'' 

''I understand. I guess I just needed time to think about it,'' I shrug my shoulders. He just smiles, staring at me as I look down.

"Let's get going," I look back up as a chuckle escapes his mouth. He grabs me and puts his arm around my shoulders. 

When we walk in, we see Cassie angry walking towards us. "It doesn't take that long to talk!"

"It's fine Cassie," Matt sits down. I giggle and sit next to Alexis.

•••

Today Matt is leaving today and it all is just a blur, like I can't think straight. Like Cassie is going to be able to abuse me more often since Matt is gone. I know I should tell him but I'm pretty sure he won't believe me since he loves her so much.