flashback

adrabelle

8 years ago (note that they are 9 years old)

My braids are so cute and I did them all by myself. I smile at my success and look out my window. I'm so bor-- A familiar noise rings through the house cutting me from my thoughts. I quickly run out of my room and down the stairs, ''I got it mommy!''

I unlock the door and quickly open it revealing Matt. 

"Hey Belle." Matt greets, holding onto his red bike.

"Hey Matt." 

"Wanna go play outside?" Matt asks, playing with his fingers. 

"Yeah, let me go get my bike." I tell him excitedly. 

''Alright!'' Matt says with joy, ''I'll meet you out front.''

I nod my head quickly and close the front door, staying inside the house. I look around the floor for some pair of shoes that I own. Hmm, I'm wearing green so that means I'll wear black shoes. Oh! Those! 

I quickly sit on the laminated wooden floor and put on my shoes. I jump up and run to my garage door and open it. While the garage door opens, I get my pink bike with flowers on it and push it onto the driveway.

"I'm ready,'' I inform Matt while throwing my leg on the other side of the seat for me to sit. 

"Finally! You girls take for-eva.'' He says extending the word forever, putting his feet onto the pedals of his bike. 

He starts biking around the neighborhood with me trailing behind him, leading the way going into a park where the babies play at. Behind that park is a pathway. Into that pathway is a cabin. Behind that cabin is a tree house. Our tree house. And only ours. 

Once the tree house became physical, we hop off our bikes and race into the tree house.

"Ha! I win!" Sticks his tongue out, making fun of me. 

"That's not fair! You're a boy and boys are fast!" I pout, crossing my arms.

"So you're a girl. You're taller than me." Matt mocks me. 

"Haha." I stick my tongue out, mocking him and find a comfortable place to sit at.

4 years later  (13 years old)

"Race yah to the tree house." I smirk, getting my penny board ready. I raise my eyebrows and look at Matt like he's crazy as he falls. 

"It's on!" Matt fixes himself and places his feet on his longboard.

"Hey Matty!" Someone yells from next door, stopping us from starting. I whip my head to the voice to see Cassie. 

"Oh hey Cassie!" Matt smiles, waving his hand. She smiles back and walks up to us.

I'm pretty sure he likes Cassie... 

So much that it makes me jealous.

"What are you up too?" Cassie asks looking at me with disgust and back at Matt. I roll my eyes at her attitude.

"Oh, we were about to have a race until you interfered.'' I scoff and fold my arms. Matt shoots a glare at me and I smirk.

"Mind if I come with?" Cassie twirls her hair, asking Matt. 

"Yes." "No." Me and Matt say at the same time.

"Okay! Let me ask my mom." Cassie jumps and jogs to her house.

"Why did you do that?!" I shout at Matt.

"Because I like her." Matt smiles, looking away from me.

"I know it's pretty obvious, but you know I hate her!" I groan.

"So..." Matt looks towards me.

I've heard a lot about Cassie. I witnessed her breaking up a best friend relationship. It was one of the saddest things I ever saw. The worst part is that she got away with it. 

What if that happens to me and Matt? He has been there for me since I was five years old, it would be a shame throwing it all away; but as his best friend I should be supporting him. 

After a long silence, I finally escape my thoughts and look over at Matt. 

''Matt,'' I mumble. 

''Yes?'' He turns his head to me. 

"Promise me we will be best friends forever and you'll never leave me no matter what."

He furrows his eyebrows and stares at me as if something happened. I give him a small smile and nod my head, hoping he will respond to me. 

"I promise... I pinky promise." Matt finally speaks out and reveals his pinky. 

We lock pinkies and make out promises. I let go and stare at Matt.

"Belle time for dinner!" My mom yells from the front porch. I blink a few times in another direction and face Matt again.

"Okay!" I yell back at my mom. "Bye Matt."

With that, I put my penny board in the garage as I hear Cassie and Matt talking. I roll my eyes and start closing the garage getting the last glimpse of them.

"My mom said yes." Cassie says.

"Oh cool." Matt smiles.

"Let's go." She giggles.

I sigh.

I hope you keep that promise Matthew.

•••

idk if you guys like this or not but :///

-shekinah xoxo