27

adrabelle

Today is the day.

The day I officially let go of my mother. It's been exactly a week since her death. I'm slowly getting fixed though, which is good.

"Morning," I hear a raspy voice next to me.

I turn to face Matt.,"Good morning."

"I'm gonna change in Nash's room and I'll meet you at the lobby for breakfast," He says,sitting up.

"Okay," I simply say. He walks off the bed and starts heading out. "Wait!"

I get off of the bed and kiss him before he leaves. He smiles before leaving and waves his hand.

I walk to the closet and grab a black skater dress. The sleeves are see through and the rest is just black.

I don't understand why people wear black at funerals. It's stupid because it's supposed to be a celebration of the person's life not their death.

I walk to the bathroom and shower. I put on waterproof mascara and straighten my pony tail, leave some strands of hair from above my ears. I put on my dress and black heels.

"You ready?" Mahogany says, leaning on the door frame of the hotel bathroom.

I look up at her and slightly smile. "Yeah."

I grab my phone and walk out. We walk to the elevators and I finally break the silence. "Is everyone ready?"

"Yeah, and don't worry they are all going too," Mahogany says, pressing the bottom to the lobby.

"Okay, good." I respond with as the elevator opens.

"Don't worry about it, it's all under control," Mahogany says, before we exit the elevator.

We walk to the breakfast court and are welcomed by loud noises. The boys. I smile, knowing that they are happy. That makes me happy.

We all finish up and head to the destination of the funeral. We walk inside and sit in the front rows. A few minutes later, a documentary starts playing. I look at Matt and see his teary eyes as we watch a video full of pictures. Memories.

I rub Matt's back as tears start to fall from my eyes. "It'll be alright."

He looks down at me and smile, in response.

"Just as her beautiful daughter, AdraBelle. Would you like to come up and say a few words?" My aunt asks.

I nod and make my way up there. I look at everyone as a rush of just nervousness flows through me. "Well,"

"I'm more like shocked," I take a deep breath and look at Matt. He returns a reassuring smile. "It's crazy to know that both of my parents have passed away."

More tears start to fall knowing that I don't even know if my dad is doing okay. I look down, not wanting to show my tears out to the crowd. I feel a rub on my lower back. I turn to see Matt. I smile and continue my speech. "There really isn't much to say when you're shocked like this. Like Matt said, everyone leaves this place sooner or later."

"I'm going to miss my mom," I take a deep breath and look at her lifeless body in the coffin.

"Talk to her," Matt whispers and brings me to her. "Talk to her."

"I'm sorry," I start sobbing, covering my mouth since I was being loud. I slowly calm myself down and stare at her. 

She looks so peaceful. Maybe she'll find peace with dad. 

"I never thought you would leave, but I guess you are. At least you don't have to stay and suffer knowing that the love of your life is dying. Well I don't even know."

I know that I hate her and she left me and all for her business trips, but at the end she is still my mother.

And...

I love her.

•••