9

adrabelle

"Belle, wake up!" My mom shouts. I yawn and open my eyes as a figure walks into my room. "You're late for school."

"Oh," I yawn again. "Can I stay home?"

"Nope." My mom pulls my bed sheets off me. "You are going to game night with Matt and his friends."

"Mom,'' I groan. ''We aren't friends.''

"I know. I know," My mom puts her hands up in defense. "But you and Matt are best friends and you can't let a little relationship tear it apart."

"Mo-"

"Just go." My mom looks through my soul.

I sigh and start getting ready.

I take a quick shower and brush my teeth. Next, I dry my hair. I walk out of my bathroom and pick out a 'Monday Chic' black crop top, light wash ripped skinny jeans, red and black flannel, and black combat boots.

I walk to my bathroom, put on mascara,  and curl the end of my hair. I grab my phone and backpack then walk downstairs. I look at my mom as she stands next to the front door with her keys. "Ready."

"Quickly, I'm late for work Belle." My mom locks the door.

"Okay," I get into the car. "Mom, where is dad?"

"Oh!" She slightly smiles and looks at the ground. "He is... On a.... business trip."

"Oh... Okay." I get out of the car. That was a total lie. She is lying. Dad never has business trips, if so, he always brings us.

"Belle, grab my pen so I can sign you in," My mom says while answering a phone call.

I honestly don't know why we have to get signed in. We are high schoolers not elementary students. Gosh.

"Okay, Belle. Here is your pass to your sixth hour," The lady says. I grab my pass and groan, looking at my mom.

"Bye mom," I say as she jogs out the door. "Well then."

"She looks like a busy lady," The lady says, not looking up from her keyboard.

"Yeah she is, she has also been acting strange." I mention.

"Oh. Well you might wanna go to class sweetie," The lady says. I nod and walk to my sixth hour. 

I take a deep breath and walk in. As I start walking in everyone stares at me. "Um."

"Um," Cassie says in a dumb way, causing people to laugh at me.

"Um, do you have a pass?" The teacher, Mrs. Heldmyer asks.

I nod my head.

"Well then hand it over," Mrs. Heldmyer says.

I go up to her and hand her my pass. I start walking and sit next to Alexis. "Hey."

"Hey, did you have a headache this morning?" Alexis rights notes, not looking up at me.

"Nope. just slept in," I sigh, taking out my notebook. 

"What's wrong?" Alexis turns to me.

"I'm going to game night at Matt's house and apparently my mom thinks it'll make it all better." I open my backpack for a pencil.

"If you wanna leave early, just call me. I can pick you up." Alexis puts her stuff in her bag. I look up at the clock seeing that it was almost time to leave. I groan and put everything back in my backpack. 

•••

"Hey, I'm leaving now." Alexis hugs me. I smile and put my stuff away in my locker since there is no homework.

It's Monday and there is no homework. For the first time in forever.

"Hey," Someone says.

I turn to see Mahogany. "Hey! You go here?!"

"Yeah. The guys thought it would be fun to move here, so why not. Anyway, You ready?" Mahogany asks. I nod and follow her to Matt's SUV. I asked her questions about how everyone moved here before we got the SUV.

Once we get there, everyone was already sitting. I sigh and sit in the back seat with Nash and Mahogany.

"Hey," Nash says. I smile and put my head on his shoulder.

Nash has actually kind of helped. He has been nice. He says 'hi' to me on my saddest days and talks everything out with me. He hasn't done anything wrong. He said that he had a talk with Matt and it didn't turn out good.

I guess Matt really has changed.

"Are you feeling good?" Nash asks as he puts his hand on my forehead as the car begins to move.

"I'm fine." I sigh. If I keep sighing, I'm gonna lose my breath.

"No, your not." Nash lays his head on my head.

I look out the window to see Cassie running out of her house.

You have got to be kidding me.

"Oh," Cassie looks at me disgusted. "Hi."

"Hello to you too." I roll my eyes.

"Matty, she rolled her eyes at me," Cassie whines. 

"Wo- you. Oh my goodness," I groan. ''Are you a fucki- What are you? Four?''

"AdraBelle!" Matt shouts. 

''You're not my dad,'' I mumble. Nash chuckles and looks up at Matt. 

"Matt!" Nash shouts. "Shut the fuck up! Belle didn't do anything!"

"Whatever.''

It's sad to think the my best friend has changed. I would say it's the most depressing thing to think about and to ever experience. It's crazy because I was actually starting to love him. Or maybe I do, but I never got to say it to him and I always wanted to say it to him. 

•••

"Truth or dare Mahogany," Gilinsky asks.

"Dare,''

"I dare you to go to Matt's room with Jacob for 10 minutes," He smirks.

"Don't mind if I do." Jacob grabs Mahogany's hand. I giggle and turn to the group.

"Oh, me! I wanna go next!" Cassie raises her hand with excitement. .

"Okay, go." 

"Hmmm, AdraBelle. Truth or dare," Cassie asks me.

"Truth," I respond with a bored expression.

"What, are you to much of a pussy to pick dare?" She asks, tilting her head and crossing her arms.

"I'm not a pussy. It's just that, knowing you, you would do something stupid." I mention. "But I swear, if anything happens to me. I'm gonna beat your ass."

"First curse word, nice." Cassie claps her hands, very pleased. "I dare you to walk outside in the front for 5 minutes."

"Okay..." I trail, walking outside. I look around and just walk.

After about a minute or two, I spot two guys walking towards me.

What the hell.

I start walking in a different direction, but they just keep following.

I start jogging back to Matt's place. I look behind me and see them running.

"Agh!" I scream to get someone's attention from inside.

Once I get to the front porch, the guys grab my arms and cover my mouth. I look around in shock at what was happening, trying to scream, but all my screams would do is get muffled. I kick and punch until my head makes contact with a metal surface. 

•••

i was running through the six w/ my woes

-shekinah xoxo