23

adrabelle

''Wake up! The sun is out!'' I shake Matt's shoulder and jump around the room.

''No... I don't want to!'' He groans covering his face with the pillow.

''Okay, Matt... I guess this is my only choice,'' I trail, grabbing my pillows. I run to the curtains and open them.

''Agh!'' He screams by the sunlight shining on him.

''Warned yah.'' I smirk and fix my bed. ''Oh, since you can cook and change fast, make some breakfast.''

''Well goodmorning to you too,'' He groans. I push him out of my room and walk to my closet. I grab a white flowy tank top, light washed ripped shorts, and dark brown combat boots.

I go into my bathroom and take a quick shower. I dry up and do my make up. I put on mascara and keep my hair wavy. I put on my outfit and walk out. I grab my phone and my backpack and walk downstairs.

''Smells good!'' I yell, walking into the kitchen.

He hands me bagels and sunny side up eggs. ''Thank you.''

''Yep.'' He goes straight to eating his bagels.

I look at my phone and finish my food fast since its 9:00a.m. ''Matt hurry, we're late.''

I wash my dish and grab my keys. I start the car and Matt runs in the car. I quickly pull out as Matt takes the aux and puts on You See Me by Childish Gambino. We jam out to that until we get to school.

I quickly park and lock the car after Matt. "Ready."

"Does it look like I'm ready for prison," He scowls. I giggle and start walking down the hallway. We both make our ways to our lockers. All of a sudden I feel a vibration on my butt cheek. I giggle and open a text from Alexis.

Going on tour with Shawn for awhile. I'll miss you! Make sure to call me! Okay, bye I'm going on the plane.

I reply,

Okay, have fun! Don't forget to use protection;) xx

I close my locker and see Cassie glaring at me. Her hair seems like she hasn't combed it. Her make up looks smeared. Her clothes look ratchet just like her face. I walk up towards her, hoping I can get past her to get to my first hour.

"You're not going anywhere!" She grabs my arm.

"Let me go!" I groan, trying to release myself.

"You stole Matt away from me." She glares, tilting her head.

I groan and chuckle at her jealousy. "What's so funny?"

"Matt isn't an object, okay? He is a human being with a mind and heart. He doesn't have to stay with you, you don't own him. So don't bother." I roll my eyes, releasing myself. I fix my clothes and walk to my first hour. This girl seriously overreacts. She fucking kidnapped me.

•••

I walk downstairs to see my fam. "What are you guys doing here?" I smile and hug them.

"We have some news," Nash says and sits on the couch, looking down.

"What's up?" I sit down next to Matt, as he puts his hand on my thigh. I look at his hand and smile at him. He looks down with his hand still on my thigh. 

"So we are going to California for our last magcon convention for a month," Aaron says.

"We tried to get in contact with your mom, but she never answered. Once we finally got a hold of her, we found out she was in the hospital of New York." Matt looks up at me.

"She's on a business trip." I shut myself, knowing what's going on. "I think she is visiting my dad."

I look at the T.V and take a deep breath. I look at everyone to see them all staring at me with worried expressions. Without hesitation, run upstairs and grab some money and my charger. I run back down stairs and go into the kitchen to eat. I walk back out to the living room. "Let's go. We have to find her."

"Belle, it isn't that easy to just get on a plane without a plan," Mahogany says, stopping me.

"I have money! That's my plan!" I tell her, getting a little impatient. ''I just want to see my dad one last time.''

After a few minutes of silence, Nash breaks it. "I don't think it will hurt if we drive there and you two can fly there."

I smile and hug him. I go to my computer and order the tickets to New York. I print them out and grab them. "Ready?"

"Yeah,'' He trails. I lock up and we make our way to the airport.

•••