26

matthew

"Do you think her mom is gonna make it?" Jacob asks.

I just ignore him, knowing that I'm gonna be sad again which I can't afford. I have to be strong for Belle. 

"Matt, you never answered me," Jacob says. I groaned and glared at him, not wanting to be bothered.

"That should've answered your question." I get up and walk to the bathroom.

I look in the mirror, noticing my beaten up face. I was up for almost two days, being in the hospital. I grab my phone and look at the time. 11:47p.m.

I put my phone away and walk out of the bathroom. Footsteps stomps near the bathroom. I peep my head and sigh, looking at Belle and the doctor. 

This might be it, but she isn't ready. 

"No! Are you sure?!" Belle shouts.

"She was startled by something," The doctor says, looking up at me as I walk near them. "She has passed away. I'm very sorry for your lost, but you can see her one last time if you would like."

"She can't be dead." Belle whispers, turning away from us and stumbling to the ground. 

Before she falls, I grab her upper arms and carry her to her mom's room. "We need to say goodbye." I mention, calming her down.

"I don't want to. It hurts to much!" She pulls her hair. Tears start to form in my eyes knowing that Mrs. Diamond is dead and that Belle is devastated. I close my eyes, making the tears fall back in.

"Watch me," I grab Belle's arms. "Watch me."

"Okay," She whispers, staring at me. She takes a deep breath and follows me. I walk up to Mrs. Diamond's lifeless pale body and say my goodbyes.

Belle starts to sniff and walks up next to me. "Mom," She pauses. "Who's gonna watch me? Who's gonna take care of me?! I'm gonna be alone!"

"You won't be alone," I comfort her. ''Besides this isn't about you, this is for your mom.''

She stares at her mom and takes a deep breath. She looks at her mother and takes it all in.

I don't know who would do such a thing. Her dad just left and now this? Belle's past has been terrible and what I done to her... she shouldn't have forgiven me. I was such a jerk.

"I love you mommy," She kisses her head, after a moment of silence. She stands up when the door opens. "You!"

"Me," The doctor chuckles, raising his hands.

"It's not the type of mood," I tell him, nodding my head and walk up behind Belle.

"You mother fucking liar." Belle hits his chest, before exiting. The doctor did say that he would make sure her mom wouldn't die. He promised another three weeks at least. 

"I'm sorry about your loss.  We missed a bit of scars that we weren't aware of, but we will help you find out what happened," The doctor says, grabbing my arm before I exited the room. 

I just nod my head, not wanting to say anything to him. I already know that he would want nothing to do with me and Belle once we leave.

"AdraBelle Diamond?" A lady asks as I reach the waiting room.

"She is- Um not okay right now," I look at the papers she was holding. "But I'm her bestfriend."

I needed to fill out these paper works for her so that she doesn't break down while signing something.

After about an hour, I finished signing everything and decided the funeral will be next week, here in New York.

I walk out to the waiting room to see Belle sleeping.

"I'm gonna go to the hotel, wanna come?" Carter asks.

"Yeah, let me get Belle," I tell him. I turn to Belle and slightly smile. "You're finally getting some rest."

I pick her up and carry her out to the hotel that's right across the street.

I walk to the elevator and walk into our room. I lay Belle down and take off her shoes. I tuck her in and go into the shower to wash off the odor from my body.

I put on sweats and socks then walk out, seeing Belle looking through her suitcase that Mahogany brought. "You woke up."

"Yeah, I need to shower." She looks at the ground and grabs her clothes. She quickly walks past me to the bathroom.

Minutes later, she comes out with a big tee, socks, and underwear. "What time is it?"

I look at the clock. "2:34a.m."

"Monday?" She asks with no emotion.

"It's been five days, it's Saturday," I tell her.

"Oh," She mumbles walking to the bed.

I turn off the lights and start to drift off to sleep. "Goodnight Belle."

"Goodnight," She says. "Matt."

"Yeah?"

"Can we cuddle?"

She turns around puts her head in the crook of my neck. I kiss her forehead and close my eyes. "I love you."

•••

matt needs to grow a pair of balls and ask her out :)