17

matthew

''Are you sure you don't wanna come with us?'' My mom asks. I nod and smile pushing everyone out the door. My whole family is going to the gulf theme park. I'm just tired and need to catch up on sleep. I lock the door and go to the kitchen.  My phone starts ringing. I look at the caller ID to see Nash's name.

I pick up my phone and answer it, ''Yo.''

''Hey, do you want to come over? Belle is actually doing great. She is perfectly fine now,'' He says.

''I was actually gonna go to sleep, I'll try coming over later.'' I tell him before hanging up. I'm guessing they are going to Belle's place. It's been three days since I left the hospital. I just need some time to think on my own to figure out what I want. I like Cassie but I realized it was something deep. I know that I realized when I saw Belle on that surveillance, if I lost her I don't know what I would have done. 

Being on the road for hours with nothing to do and no service just gave me time to look at that surveillance. I must've gain feelings for her or something because now when I see her all I think of is what I did to her in the past. 

I look through my fridge and groan, knowing that my parents forgot to go shopping. I slam the fridge door close and walk upstairs to my room.

Before shutting my eyes, I think about what Belle said to me.

''I love you,''

adrabelle

''You guys didn't have to do this, you know right?'' I smile at them. Yes, everyone. Nash set up a little surprise party for me. A welcome party. 

''But you're back so,'' Nash trails, holding my hands. I smile at him and go upstairs to my room. My mom went somewhere with my dad. So I don't have to worry about parents. They have been gone once they figured out I was okay, but I'm not sure about my dad. I've just been really worried about him lately.

''You know that there is school tomorrow, right?'' A familar voice rings through my ears. I turn around already knowing who it was.

''Dad,'' I sigh in relief, hugging him.

''Hey baby,'' He smiles through my hair. That smile is so fake.

''What's going on?'' I ask while my mom walks in, closing my door.

''Well, this is going to be hard but-'' My mom gets cut off by dad.

''Don't do that, just say it straight out dear,'' He says to my mom rubbing her upper arm as a tear escapes from her hazel eyes. She nods her head no as more tears start form.

''Okay, so this is going to be very difficult, but I'm not working on business trips anymore-'' I cut him off.

''That's amazing!'' I smile, hugging him again. My smile fades away once he looks down at me with a sad look.

''I have cancer,'' He mumbles, looking away from my eyes. 

I look up at him in shock, ''What?''

''You heard me!'' He raises his voice out of nowhere. I back up as my mom rubs his back, calming him down, ''I'm sorry Belle.''

''Making her hate you is not the solution,'' My mom whispers to him.

''It's okay dad. When did you find out about this?''

''A few months ago and I didn't know how to tell you. So my plan is to move out. I don't want you guys to be there for me because I'm getting close to passing time.''

''No,'' I nod my head. ''No, Dad no.''

''I'm so sorry Belle, but it's the less painful route,'' My mom stands up hugging me.

''I will be making my way,'' My dad stands up. ''Goodbye AdraBelle, just know I love you.''

''Mom, let me go!'' I shout at her, trying to get out of her grip.

''Just stay here, please.'' My mom holds me by my shoulders.

''No,'' I push her off. ''Months? You knew about this for months?!''

She nods and cries with guilt. I roll my eyes being surprised that now she cares. I run downstairs seeing everyone with jaws dropped. I ignored them and run out, looking for dad. A car engine's roars from the road.  

I run and chase him, ''Dad please don't!''

He looks at me and mouths 'sorry'. He speeds up and leaves me behind. He just left me. Why does it feel like time is going by so fast? That went by too fast. Something I couldn't handle.

My mom doesn't care about me. She just loves her husband. My dad. And my dad just left me.

''What happened?!'' Alexis shouts, running outside from the house.

I look at everyone and suck it up, ''Everyone leave.''

''What? No,'' Nash says, walking up to me.

''If I were you, I would leave.'' I clench my jaw. He nods his head no. How stubborn of him. 

''Leave! Now!'' I shout making everyone in shock.

"I-I," I stutter, thinking the words out of my mouth before they leave. I watch their cars escape my home, still being shocked for what I have done. They don't understand though. In the same month, I was kidnapped, abused, rapped, threatened, and lost my dad. 

I walk inside the house and straight into the kitchen. I look at my island kitchen table and take a deep breath. I grab a solo cup and fill it up with beer and chug it. I repeat my same steps until I feel satisfied with myself.

I walk into the living room feeling a little tipsy. I fall on the couch thinking of a task I was supposed to finish.

•••

3 THOUSAND READS OFNOFNNGE

MATT LIKED MY VINE DKKFMD (vine: gucci espinosa)

I MET CONNOR FRANTA DJDKSK