Ignorance is this.

((Ya this is gonna be violent so...TW))

Weston opened the door, closing it behind him before calling out to his brother.

When Weston didn't hear Sawyer yell back, he raised an eyebrow. Was Sawyer still in the shop? Did he get stuck in traffic?

Heading deeper into the house, he called again for his brother and grumbled angrily when he didn't get a response however, heard a weird gurgling noise coming from the basement as well as someone talking.

Grabbing a knife from the kitchen, Weston slowly headed downstairs before dropping the knife in shock.

Standing over his brothers bashed, bloodied and bruised body was his son. Bert was standing over him, holding a crowbar that was red and covered in little chunks of flesh and hair.

Bert slowly turned around and grinned at Weston. It wasn't a grin he'd ever seen on his sons face, it was demonic, evil, threatening and quite frankly terrifying.

"So glad you could join us father" Bert half crooned half growled, his grip on the crowbar tightening,

"You...you..." Weston couldn't get the words out, stumbling back and away from his son who just took a step towards him,

"I'm alive? I know, shocker right?" Bert said, wiping the crowbar with his thumb, "you and Sawyer really did a number on me..."

"I'm...Bert I-"

"You're sorry?" Bert growled, "sorry?! Sorry, does not get you a pass for ruining my life!" he snarled and Westons eyes widened as Bert's eyes turned white.

Bert raised an eyebrow but then chuckled, "like em? They're a nice little addition I got when I was sent to hell"

"Hell..." Weston breathed and Bert giggled, a maniacal sound that made Westons hair stand on end.

"I figured I wouldn't be all evil...finish you and Sawyer off so you can die together, not alone and scared like I was" Bert snarled and Weston cowered before Bert grinned almost lazily,

"Now...enough talking..." Bert said, looking at his father, "time for you to go to sleep"

Weston made to say something but was struck by the crowbar. Over and over again he was hit before he couldn't think anymore. Just feel as Bert dragged him over to Sawyer who Weston couldn't feel breathe anymore.

He heard Bert walk to the stairs, heading up them and clicking off the light before closing the door. Shrouding them in darkness and one last thought passed through Westons head.

He'd awakened a monster.