Why is a raven like a writing desk?

((Depicts Roger getting tortured but it isn't overly descriptive))

Roger played with the blocks on the floor, building a small tower before he heard his brother scoff.

Turning, Roger tilted his head at Edward who was reading the new book he'd bought. Alice in Wonderland the letters on the front read.

"What's wrong Eddie?" Roger asked, tilting his head and Edward gestured to the book.

"This book! It's nonsense" He snapped, Roger raised an eyebrow,

"What do you mean?"

"Why is a raven like a writing desk the Mad Hatter asks" Edward scoffs, "as if it isn't obvious"

"I know why!" Roger chirped happily and Edward raised an eyebrow at Roger,

"And why is it?"

"They both have the letter R in them!"

Edward stared at Roger before he smiled, chuckling softly, placing the book down and going over to ruffle Rogers hair gently.

A hand gripped Roger's hair roughly, yanking him up from the ground.

"You have a point...such a smart boy Roger"

"Oi dumbass! You giving up on us?!"

"Thanks Eddie! I love you"

"Fuck off, I hate you" Roger seethed through gritted teeth,

The man holding him laughed cruelly, "We ain't even done nothing to you yet..."

Roger's chest heaved. His body was in so much pain he felt numb. His one eye was almost swollen shut and he was shaking.

But he refused to give up what he didn't know. Refused to give up his friends and coworkers even more so.

"Then do it, sick fucks!" Roger snapped and the man holding him chuckled,

"Won't gotta...you just need to tell us what you know"

"I already have" Roger said, smiling sickly sweet and bloody at the man, "which is nothing"

The man holding him looked over at another who clenched their fists,

"Break him then".

~!~!~!~

Emerson stomped the knife into the body for good measure. When the body didn't move or make noise, he yanked his knife back out and headed to the other room.

Roger was huddled in a corner, his blue eyes wide and glazed over, staring at the floor while his whole body shook. He was covered in blood and bruises.

"Shit..." Angel said from behind Emerson who rushed over, kneeling in front of the smaller Knight who just kept mumbling under his breath.

"Roger?" Emerson asked softly, keeping his hands on the ground, he didn't want to spook the other, "Roger can you hear me?"

Rogers mumbling stopped suddenly, eyes flicking up to see Emerson and Angel. And then he burst out laughing.

It was a manic cackle, his shoulders shook from it and eventually it sounded more like a mix of a sob and laugh than a true laugh.

"They really fucked him up" Angel said, staring out the door where Fang came in, adjusting his sleeves.

"Well that sucked" Fang said, looking at Roger and sighing,
"Emerson? Get him, we gotta get him to Alcina"

Emerson nodded, carefully scooping Roger up into his arms and heading off with the others.

"Roger?" Emerson asked quietly as he walked, "do you recognize me bud?"

"....Emerson" Roger mumbled, "Emerson is safe, you won't hurt...won't hurt me..."

Emerson nodded, sighing softly,

"I love you Roger"

"I love you too Roger"

Emerson looked down at Roger who had started to sob. Sighing again and just holding him as they walked.