Street dreams.

Ezekiel panted as he ran, it had been two weeks since the world had turned to shit and everyone was still adapting. Adapting to the mindless who wandered the streets looking for their next meal, the gangs that roamed the streets looking for their next victim and unfortunately, Ezekiel had fallen victim to the gangs. 

He'd only escaped a few hours ago and had been running ever since. His mouth was dry, his legs felt like jelly and his sides screamed in protest as he continued to run but it didn't matter, he knew he had to get away or else he'd be dead. Or worse. 

Eventually, the teenager ran past an alley, ducking in only for a hand to grab his wrist in a strong grip and yank him further into the shadows. Darkness swallowing him as he was dragged and he waited with bated breath as the gang ran by, yelling and jeering as they did so before he turned to look at the person who'd grabbed his wrist. 

They were tall, had a mop of unruly brown hair and were rather muscular, he whimpered as he saw all the tattoos, although he recognized none of them, who knew if he was in a gang. 

"Hey hey," The man said with a small smile, "I'm not here to hurt you" 

"....How can I trust you?" 

The man hesitated before grabbing his gun, Ezekiel flinched but all the man did was hand the gun to him, standing up and offering him a hand, 

"Zackary Morrison" 

Ezekiel stared at the hand before he took it, standing up and smiling at him, "Ezekiel Fisher" 

Zack smiled, "Well, It's a lonely world now, wanna stick around for a bit?" 

"...Sure" Ezekiel said and Zack smiled, Ezekiel returning the favor shyly. 

They'd get along in the long run.