In the middle of a gunfight.

((Welcome to 'Joey doesn't know how to write gunfights cause guns are illegal in Canada'))

"Do not look now" 

Ville paused chewing to stare at his friend Bam, swallowing before whispering quietly, 

"Front or back?" 

"Front, may not be looking for a fight". 

Ville nodded and put his fork down, taking a drink of water before he felt two large hands grab his shoulders and a voice above him spoke, 

"Well hello there Valo"

"Hello Trent" Ville said calmly, putting his water glass down, not looking up at the other man, "Can I help you with something?" 

"Nah, just thought I'd visit a friend" 

"You and I both know we're anything but friends" Ville said calmly and then he heard Bam shout in pain, looking over he saw Bam clutching his shoulder with blood gushing from between his fingers, he'd been shot. 

Standing up, Ville pulled his gun and aimed it for Trent's forehead who just looked annoyed, glancing back at his men, 

"I fuckin told you not to shoot!" 

"Itchy trigger finger on your boys huh?" Ville sneered and Trent snarled back at Ville, 

"makes up for your boy killing ours don't it?" 

"Ah yea, Poor Eric huh?". 

The two glared at each other longer, guns from Trent's men trained on Ville and Ville's gun trained on Trent, Bam had stood up and was shakily aiming his gun at the one aiming for Ville.

Suddenly there was the loud noise of sirens outside and Ville watched as cops swarmed the building, moving the gun from Trent's forehead and he leaped over the table, pushing it to act like a barricade and he pulled Bam down beside him. 

He heard the patrons of the restaurant scramble around, some women screamed and a few men shouted as the police started talking, 

"Either come out with your hands in the air or we'll shoot! No one needs to get hurt!" 

Ville opened his mouth to talk to Bam before he heard a popping noise, gunshots. 

"Fucking Trent" Ville growled and he looked over the table, taking his gun and firing at the officers, he managed to hit a couple much to his delight.

Suddenly his chest felt very hot, very hot and very in pain. He looked down to see a red splotch blooming across his chest, he stumbled and then swayed before falling to the ground. 

Bam was over him in an instant, his voice sounded faint, yelling for Ville to keep his eyes open and to keep his breathing steady. Ville could hardly hear him, his voice becoming shallow and rapid before his eyes rolled back and the last thing he heard was Bam's scream.