School of Wolf.

((TW: Very very slight mention of abuse))

"What is that god awful screaming noise" Geralt complained from where he laid on his bed, books and papers strewn about as the teen tried to study for upcoming tests and Eskel looked out the window.

"Vesemir brought home another stray" he reported and Geralt looked up from his book,

"We should investigate"

"We should not" Eskel said, "do you hear the boy?"

Geralt frowned and walked to the window, listening closely,

"LET ME GO YOU STUPID FUCK ILL BITE YOUR FUCKING FINGERS OFF-"

"Feisty" Geralt snorted and Eskel rolled his eyes,

"I don't feel like having my hands bitten off"

"Well too bad" another teen at their door said, "Vesemir says he wants you two to tend to the newbie"

Eskel rolled his eyes and Geralt nodded. The teen walking away and the two boys walked to the kitchens to grab some food and a jug of water before heading back up to the dorms.

Vesemir was near a closed door, he looked tired and when he saw Eskel and Geralt, he nodded to them,

"Hello"

"Hello" Eskel and Geralt responded at the same time and Vesemir gestured to the door,

"The boys in there, I'm sure you two can handle him" he said before walking off. Eskel looking at Geralt before the two headed inside.

The room was dark except for a single candle and some evening sun pouring through the window. The boy sat curled up on the bed, staring down at the floor but when Eskel shoved the door open, dark eyes snapped over to them.

He looked almost feral. He was filthy and his eyes were wild, his nails were bitten and yet bitten in a way that if scratched by them, Geralt knew it would draw blood.

"What're you doing here" The boy snarled and Eskel held up a plate of food,

"We're here with food"

"How do I know you didn't poison it" the boy snapped and Geralt rolled his eyes,

"Why would Vesemir go through the trouble of saving you if he was just going to poison you?".

The boy went quiet and sneered but didn't say anything as Eskel went forwards and placed the plate and jug of water in front of him.

Almost the second Eskel's hands were away, The boy began to eat ravenously, as though the food would disappear and Geralt winced. He knew very well how that felt.

Chugging down the water, the boy slowly licked his lips, his eyes studying Geralt and Eskel,

"Your eyes...what's the matter with them?"

"We're Witcher's" Eskel explained, "you'll probably be a Witcher too soon enough"

"I don't want to join your fucking cult" The boy snarled and Geralt had to give the boy points for ferocity. If he ever did become a Witcher, if he kept up this attitude, he'd be an excellent one.

"Right" Eskel said bluntly, "I'm Eskel, this is Geralt"

"Hi" Geralt said with a wave and the boy seemed to examine them before saying slowly,

"My names Lambert"

"Nice to meet you Lambert" Eskel said and reached towards Lambert, the boy flinching away and Eskel stopped, looking at Geralt who looked from his brother to the boy,

"You're safe here Lambert, no one will hurt you anymore...who was it? For me it was my master"

"It was my grandfather" Eskel said and Lambert seemed to hesitate again, saying in a small voice,

"My father..."

"Your father won't find you here, even if he does, you have us"

"You?" Lambert asked, raising an eyebrow and Eskel nodded.

"You're our brother now" Eskel said and Lambert's shoulders seemed to relax,

"I've never had a brother"

"Well, you have us now" Geralt said, as comfortingly as he could. Tapping Eskel's shoulder, the two turned to leave before they heard Lambert speak in a small, almost childish voice,

"...please don't go yet?"

The two turned around, Lambert was picking at a loose thread on his filthy shirt. Eskel looked to Geralt then sat down, Geralt sitting on the floor nearby and the three began to talk. Talk about whatever until the sun had long since set.