Cold Fire.

Cold.

That was how Zach felt. Cold.

The thin hospital scrubs did nothing to keep him warm, an IV drip in his arm making his head fuzzy and if he wasn't strapped onto a bed he would probably be collapsed on the ground.

A man walked into the room, smiling at Zach which clearly read DANGER and in Zach's drugged up state all he could think about was punching the man square in the face.

"Hello there....Zach" the man said, squinting at the clipboard that hung on the wall, "very nice to meet you, very nice indeed..."

Zach let out a low rumble and the man chuckled, "My name is Tomahawk....you look like a nice strong boy"

Zach didn't exactly appreciate the mans tone.

Tomahawk walked over and grabbed one of Zach's arms, feeling it up before looking at the clipboard, nodding to himself, "alright....looks like you're set!".

The IV was taken out of his arm by a doctor, being lowered onto a stretcher and Tomahawk leaned over him, smiling at the fire within Zach's eyes.

"Oh you're gonna work well...so well little soldier" Tomahawk cooed, brushing his fingers gently against Zach's cheek, "Take him away boys" Tomahawk grinned and Zach grit his teeth as he was rolled away.

~~~~~

Fire.

Zach's limbs where on fire, he tried to scream but his jaw seemed to be glued shut, his hands clenched into fists and his eyes squeezed shut as whatever serum they pumped him full of ran through his veins.

Making him stronger, making him a soldier.

Zach finally let out a scream, not realizing he was free of his restraints until a doctor was against the wall, his hand around her throat and what felt like a million guns trained on him.

He heard someone's tongue click, a familiar voice, "Guns Down fellas, let's see what he does".

Zach grit his teeth tighter, his grip tightening around the doctors throat and making her squeak in fear, green eyes looking at him full of fear, pleadingly. The red in Zach's vision slowly fading until he dropped the doctor, his hands trembling as she ran away from him, Zach falling onto his knees and staring at his hands, letting out a sob.

"Oh don't worry" Tomahawks smooth voice came, a hand ghosting across Zach's broader and stronger shoulders, "Happens all the time...patients get out of control...hurt others.."

Zach felt his breath catch in his throat, he didn't want to hurt others, he didn't sign up for being a weapon. A monster.

"It'll be okay" Tomahawk whispered in his ear, "just trust in me..."

Zach buried his face in his hands, wanting nothing more than the ground to swallow him whole.

He'd rather die than be what they made him.