ch. 51 ✰ the feeling of ecstasy

"Surprise?" I mumble, as Akash flashes me a bright smile that could speak a thousand words, words that I cannot seem to wrap my mind around.

"You'll see," he muses, and he reaches into his back pocket to grab a navy-blue cloth of some sort. Then, he goes up to me and wraps the cloth around my eyes, making my surroundings go dark. "Why are you wrapping a goddamn blindfold around me?" I hiss.

"You'll see," Akash says again, and I groan loudly. "Well, if you mean that literally then I might have to prove you wrong on that, since I can't see shit right now."

He lets out a loud laugh as his hand soon holds mine, dragging me out of the hallway. "Wait, wait, wait!" I yelp. "Where the hell are you taking me?"

"Babe," Akash sighs. "Just trust me on this, okay? I promise, it'll be worth it."

"But can I at least change?" I frown. "Like, does this require me to wear formal clothes, since I'm currently wearing shorts and a shirt right now?"

Even with my blindfold on me, my cheeks still burn red as I can feel Akash's cool gaze linger over my body. "Yeah, maybe you should change since this event requires a, um... less casual outfit."

So, in that five minutes, Akash took off my blindfold while I zoomed inside to change into a tight wine-colored tank top that dips down to my cleavage and a pair of dark ripped jeans that end around my ankles. Then, on the bottom I slip on a pair of wedges and I brush my hair out and apply light makeup as well, just to make sure I don't look like I just trudged out of dumpster.

Finally, I go back outside and see Akash leaning against the wall. "I'm ready," I announce, and he cranes his neck to look at me, his blue eyes glossing over my outfit and my face as well. And something about his look makes my entire body rampage with overbearing flames. "So, I see," Akash smirks. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks," I blush. "Now, shall we carry on with your so-called surprise?"

"Yes, we shall," Akash presses his lips together into a tight-lipped grin, dimples forming on his cheeks. Finally, he re-ties the blindfold around me, causing me to see only darkness and just that.

His hand grabs onto mine as he leads me out of the hallway, my wedges clacking against the floor. My phone is pushed into my back pocket as I can't help but wonder where the hell my boyfriend may be leading me. For all I know, he can be a secret serial killer that had his eyes set on me the entire time he's known me. So, maybe this is just his golden opportunity to whisk me away to his clandestine basement and murder me pugnaciously until there is absolutely nothing left of me.

Goddamn, I really need to stop watching so many crime documentaries.

I hear the distinct noise of an elevator ding chime into my ears, and I press my lips together into a thin line as I perceive Akash humming in the background as well. His warm hand is still clasped against mine, and something about his touch always ignites some sort of fire in me that sets flames on my skin, making my entire body radiate with heat.

He leads me into the elevator, and I hear the soft whoosh of the doors sifting close. Then, the pressure rises to my head as the elevator plunges to the ground, the discrete noise of the crackling elevator music chirping in the background.

Finally, moments later, I hear the metal doors open up, and a cool rush of air filters inside of the elevator. I find Akash leading me outside, and I hear the soft honks and horns of the outside New York traffic play into my ears. Afterwards, the sound of a car chirping rings into my ears, and I lay my vacant hand on the metal exterior of a car of some sort. I'm assuming this is Akash's car.

He opens the passenger door and ushers me inside, my butt hitting the soft leather of a seat. The door closes behind me and, seconds later, I hear the other side of the car's door open up. The door closes again, and I feel the car engine turning on beneath my body, the soft rumbling echoing into my ears.