ch. 6 ✰ beer chugging contest

"Why the hell are you here?" he growls, looking at me intensely. I feel my heart hammering against my chest as I stutter, "I-I could ask you the same!"

The guy stands inches in front of me, a stone glare shooting at me. His blue eyes look at me in question, as if he just could not believe that I am here right now. Well, you and I are on the same boat, sweetheart.

I gulp to myself as I feel my eyes studying his half naked body. The white towel wrapped around his neck takes in the water droplets formed on his muscular build, his tan skinned body glinting against the beating.Seeing him up close was already overwhelming before, eyeing his gorgeous features and drop-dead form from his clothes, but seeing his drop dead form when he's half naked makes me sort of want to crawl into a hole from embarrassment. Why does he have to be so goddamn attractive?!

A small smile appears on his face suddenly. I look at him confused. Then, all of a sudden, he starts cackling. Cackling! He finds this funny? He throws his head back, his laugh resonating. His Adam's apple bobs, his dimples forming, and his flashy white teeth appearing as a broad grin appears afterwards. He shakes his head seconds. "Are you following me? Are you some sort of crazy ass stalker that wants to kill me? Or better yet—" he walks even closer to me, as if we weren't already inches apart – "Are you in love with me? I can't exactly blame you, the ladies are all over me."

My breath catches in my throat as I feel my heart pounding against my chest. I shake my head and chuckle. "Get you and your ego out of here." I cross my arms in front of my chest. "I am not following you and neither am I in love with you or neither do I want to kill you." Although the last part may be false because he is really getting on my nerves right now.

"Then how are you here?" he questions, a scowl appearing on his chiseled face.

"'Cause I'm best friends with Ayushi!" I yelp.

"And I'm best friends with Manav!" he growls.

"I see you've already met Akash," a deep male voice appears from the corner. I swirl my head around and look over at Manav walking towards us, a charming, bright smile appearing on his face. Ayushi, Neha, Ali, and Suhana appear shortly afterwards.

"Yeah, I sure have," I grumble. The guy—or shall I say, Akash— chuckles to himself.

"Akash meet Reeya and Reeya meet Akash," Ayushi sighs. "Or it seems like you guys are already well-acquainted with each other."

"Well, uh, long story short," Akash clears his throat and looks at me with a sly smirk. "We met at a bar in New York and it was a very interesting encounter. Am I right... Reeya?"

I roll my eyes and then plaster the fakest grin ever. "Yes, you are right... Akash," I grit through my teeth.

"Wonderful!" Ayushi exclaims. "Okay, so I gathered everyone here because I am going to give you a quick layout of what we are going to do here in Costa Rica!" Everyone whoops and cheers and gathers around in a circle. I feel Akash walking behind me, my palms sweating at the thought of him behind me, breathing so close by, his large hands running through my body...

Snap out of it, Advani!

Akash stands close to me and Neha is on my other side. Neha nudges me on the shoulder and I look over at her. Then, she looks over at Akash and wriggles her eyebrows. I roll my eyes and mouth, No way in hell.

"Alright gang, so here's the deal," Ayushi starts off. "For today, we are just going to chill in my amazing home, just get to know each other, break the ice, you know the deal," she shrugs. "Someone can give Reeya a house tour, since she just arrived, so if anyone would like to show her around—"