ch. 25 ✰ spilling the tea

We arrive back at the villa, the sun drowning against the horizon as the sky turns into a bright orange shade. Dinner time is almost approaching, and I am extremely parched and hungry, mainly because I just jumped off of a cliff.

Ayushi opens the door, revealing her not-so humble abode. I can never get tired of seeing her amazing villa, which obviously would stand out in New York City. Every one of us walks inside, tired and exhausted from the bungee jumping. Although, I have to admit, it was one of the best activities I have ever endured in my entire life—but, man, it sure takes a whole lot of energy to jump like that.

"Alright, kiddos," Manav starts to speak, "Bungee jumping was extremely fun and all... but I am just so exhausted that I can literally fall asleep on a bed of nails."

"Seems like you're willing to test that theory," Ayushi teases him, poking his ribs. Manav playfully rolls his eyes and places a swift peck on her cheek.

Everyone starts to go their own direction. I can tell every single of us is extremely tired, except Ayushi, who is skipping around the house like the energetic woman she is. Sometimes, I just can't help but wonder if that girl ever gets irritated, or even tired itself.

I go over to the kitchen and pour myself a refreshing glass of water. Placing the cup to my lips, I gulp up the water within seconds. Damn, I am so drained. Bungee jumping itself was so thrilling and exhilarating, plunging to the ground and getting a look at the breathtaking view. I also loved how, at that moment, I wasn't scared about anything. Not even falling to my death, which I sort of was, in a way. But the only thing that ran through my mind is how amazing I felt, having so much adrenaline pumping through my veins. I haven't felt this excited when I lived in New York City, mainly because the most exciting thing I ever endured there was if the Starbucks line over there was one hour waiting instead of two hours. But I never knew what actual fun and excitement was until I came here.

I look around and see that no one else is here except the girls. Disappointment pangs inside of me as I see that Akash is nowhere to be found. But then again, what do I have to be disappointed about, especially about not seeing him? It's not like we're dating or anything! So, get it together, Advani!

I place the cup down in the sink and walk over to the girls, who have gathered by the stairs. "How y'all doing?!" Ayushi cheerfully exclaims.

"Well, besides the fact that my legs feel like lead and my brain has possibly moved to the other side of my head," Neha sarcastically retorts, "I'm doing pretty peachy, what about you?"

"Hah, you're hilarious!" Ayushi snorts. "Girls, I feel so energized right now! We should do something."

"Like what?" I question.

"Well, we can have a girls night out," Ayushi suggests, standing up by the staircase. "It'll be so lit!"

"Um, I don't know about you," Suhana awkwardly interjects, "But I'm feeling pretty tired right now, so I'd prefer to stay in."

"Yeah, same," Neha winces. I nod my head in agreement.

"Aw, c'mon!" Ayushi frowns. "Am I the only one that has the extreme urge to party my ass off right now?"

"Yeah, pretty much," Suhana, Neha, and I say simultaneously.

Ayushi harrumphs, then turns her pleading eyes towards me. "C'mon, Ree Ree! Don't you want to go to the club and drink away?"

"While that does sound nice," I start to say, "I have to admit, I do feel rather fatigued right now."

Ayushi simply frowns and sits back down in defeat. "You know what? It's okay. I understand." She takes a deep breath and nervously bites her lip. Then, she stands up again with a bright grin spread on her face. Oh, God. What now? "We can just do something here!"