ch. 9 ✰ a very interesting therapy session

The sun had started to set, so we all knew it was time to leave the beach, unfortunately. As much as I want to go to the club and party, I also just want to lay here against the relaxing water and forget about my shitty ass problems. And yes, I have been laying here for the past two hours, my eyes closed, as I took in the soothing noises around me. My arms are sprawled beside me and a tiny grin grows on my lips. I'm loving the peaceful vacation life.

But, sadly, my peaceful vacation life comes to an end when suddenly, someone compulsively splashes me with cold ass water. I splutter and cough. "What the hell was that for?!"

I recognize a very familiar deep voice. "It's time to go." I open my eyes once the water had cleared out and I squint when I see Akash's figure. His shirtless tan-skinned body shimmers against the sunlight, his muscles flexing as he carries a volleyball in his left palm.

"Thanks for the alert, although it would've been much better if you didn't splash water on my face," I scowl.

Akash smirks. "Oh, I'm sorry. Did I not splash enough?"

"Wha—"

I am suddenly interrupted as I feel another wave of water thrown at my face. I cough and try to swat the water away as Akash cackles in the background. "What are you, five years old?!" I screech.

"Well, I'm actually twenty-six, but I'm five years old at heart," he places his large hand near where his heart would be, and I roll my eyes at him. "You're pathetic."

"Pathetically handsome," he grins and flexes his muscles. I scoff in disgust and make my way past Akash.

As Akash and I bicker our way through the water, we see the rest of the gang waiting for us where our belongings are. Then, we tread through the sand, completely soaked in water, and once we reach the rest of the gang, we start to head back to the Jeep.

"How was your first day at the beach?" Suhana smiles. She's carrying a few beach chairs as I have some in my hand. "It was wonderful," I sigh. "I'm a bit sad because we are leaving."

"I know, same," she frowns. "But we're going to be here for two whole weeks, so I'm pretty sure we'll come here again."

"That's great," I sigh with relief. "I'm just trying to enjoy the beach as much as possible before I go back to New York."

"I wish I could relate, but I live in Cali, so I'm basically surrounded by beaches," Suhana slightly grins.

"Wow, you didn't have to brag like that," I jokingly pout, and she bursts out laughing.

There are a few moments of awkward silence afterwards as we trudge through the white sand. My eyes land on a very good-looking Spanish guy at the bar, who is currently drinking something. I whistle lowly. "Wow, he's hot," I mutter to Suhana.

She looks at him for a little and shrugs. "Eh, he's okay." I gasp. "What do you mean? He's gorgeous!" Suhana looks at me willingly and takes a deep breath. My cheeks almost turn red from embarrassment as I realize why she's looking at me like that. "Wait..."

"Yeah," she sighs. "I'm a lesbian."

"Really?" I murmur. She looks at me as a nervous smile grows on her lips. "You look surprised."

"That's because I am," I breathe out. "You never struck me as a lesbian."

"That's because no one knows," she mutters.

"Really?" She nods her head. "Not even your parents?" She shakes her head. "They're way too strict. They are like Indian parents that literally get mad at me for breathing wrong," she sadly chuckles. "It kind of sucks, but I have to deal with it."