ch. 35 ✰ the honeymoon room

The cruise docked onto Playa del Coco early morning, and the intercom buzzing through the entire floor woke me up. "We have reached Playa del Coco, everybody! Please make sure to gather your belongings and exit the cruise by the next two hours. Everybody will dock back here tomorrow evening to depart back to our entrance point. In the meantime, please have a wonderful time here!"

I take deep breaths and squint as I look over at the clock, which reads 6:03am. A yawn overtakes my mouth and I look over at Akash, who grumpily gets out of bed, ruffling his messy hair.

"Good morning," I say to Akash while I stretch, yawning once again. I probably look like complete shit right now, but I could care less because I am literally half-awake right now.

"Good morning to you too," Akash lazily grins, going over to the coffee machine stacked by the mini fridge. "You want some?" He gestures to the coffee machine next to him.

"Definitely," I get out of bed, placing the comforter aside. "I don't think I'll be able to function without it."

"Ditto," Akash snorts, pouring two warm cups of coffee. "Here." He stretches his hand out towards me, and I walk towards him, grabbing the cup from his hand. "Thank you," I murmur into my cup, taking a long sip from my coffee. Warmth infiltrates into my body as I feel my insides buzzing to life. "Mm," I muse. "Is this macchiato?"

"You betcha," he grins. "It's my go-to coffee."

"Oh my God, same!" I beam.

Akash heartily laughs. "Guess that's one thing we have in common."

I nod my head, taking another sip from my macchiato. "Guess so."

After we drank coffee, we resorted to wearing our clothes. Since we're going to the beach as soon as we dock from here, I decide nice and cool summer clothes, which will especially look amazing when I post on my Instagram. I go into the bathroom and quickly change, and I come out wearing a white bikini with a black cover up in front of it. I've wrapped two strands of hair on either side behind me, wrapping them together into a tiny ponytail. Then, I quickly put on flip flops on the bottom, and look to the side where Akash is.

He has a loose tank top on which shows off his massive biceps, which flex every now and then, and on the bottom, he's wearing floral summer shorts. Akash leans down to grab his backpack and suitcase, and he looks over at me curiously. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yup," I sigh, grabbing my suitcase. "Like never before."

"Good," he breathes out, grinning as well.

And then, we escort out of the room, and Akash closes the door behind us with a soft click. Our footsteps echo down the hallway, and once we rode down the elevator, we reach the massively sized entrance hall, where the directories are located as well. Finally, we follow the long line of people walking towards the exit, so we can leave towards the beach.

Few minutes later, the outside light hits directly on us as we reach the exit platform, crew members standing on the side and saying goodbye to us, but more of a temporary goodbye since we will be coming back tomorrow evening. My flip flops clack against the metal bridge that connects the exit to the docking board, and the steps take us down to the dock.

Seagulls hawk in the background as the waves overlap onto the shore. The cruise ship docked right in the far area of the beach, and if I look to my far right, I see the beach itself, crowded by hundreds of hundreds of people. The sun beating on my head has its sunrays radiating intensely, making the atmosphere hot as shit. When our feet land on the docking area, I look over at Akash expectantly, and he nods his head, indicating that we can move further.