ch. 1 ✰ a day filled with surprises

PART ONE
three weeks ago...

The dresser drawer creaks as I rummage through it, searching for my bright red lingerie. Nick should be arriving in five minutes, so I need to change out of my work clothes as soon as possible. I shake off my clothes, throw them in a corner of my room, and grab my skimpy lingerie which barely covers 45 percent of my body. But Nick deserves this! He deserves something nice to look at when he comes from a long day of work. And me being a very supportive girlfriend, I will make him satisfied.

Nick and I have been dating for the past two months. We just started getting serious, relationship-wise and sexually, so I want him to get the best side of me. Every now and then he always pops by our apartment, our as in mine and Chelsea's apartment, who is my roommate. Chelsea and I are pretty good friends, ever since NYU days. We stuck together like glue, and we have been inseparable ever since.

I look at myself in the mirror, admiring my physique. My body fits perfectly with the lingerie, which compliments each and every curve. The lingerie is a one piece, where it has a line going through the middle of my torso and reaches out to cover my breasts. Then, on the lower half, it shows off my entire stomach and my belly button piercing which I just got recently. Piercings have always been my thing: I have a belly button piercing, two piercings on both of my ears and a cartilage, and a nose piercing which I've had since I was five years old.

I play with my brown hair, which has caramel highlights, and flip to the side, trying to get the perfect look. Then, I apply bold and bright red lipstick and other makeup. I need to look not only sexy for Nick, but also drop dead stunning.

Once I get ready, I run onto my bed and wait for Nick to arrive. I came out of work early just for him because I feel bad for always showing up late and never have time to hang out with him. And me feeling terrible about it, I am now surprising him with me in a lingerie! Surprise!

It is a beautiful morning in New York City, so that means Nick should be arriving real soon without any interruptions. Summer had just begun, and summer in New York usually either hot ass weather, or hot ass weather with a shit ton of rain. And let me tell you—there is no in between.

The door suddenly opens as I gasp to myself. I quickly lay on the bed in a sexy position—pulling my arms above my head and moving my legs around—and wait for Nick to come into my room, tell me that I look extremely drop dead stunning,lay on top of me, make love to me, and then we lay in each other's arms.

But, let me tell you... that did not exactly happen.

Instead, I heard whispers and giggling. I sit up from my position as I hear familiar voices. The first voice I know is Nick, but the second voice...

Oh hell to the no.

I jump up from my bed and tip toe over to where I hear the voices. Peering from the door, I see two figures escape into Chelsea's room. I'm about to brutally murder the both of them!

Rage infuriates inside of me as I clench my fists in anger, trying not to explode and expose myself. I feel smoke building up inside of me, as if I am a kettle cooker and that if one tiny thing gets on my nerves then I will burst out in complete fury.

Chelsea's door is cracked open a little bit, which is enough for me to see what is going on and enough for me to not get exposed. I lean my ear in against the door frame and clasp my hand over my mouth so I don't scream in total frustration. I cannot believe the goddamn things I am hearing right now!

"Babe, are we sure we should do this?"

"Yes, I'm sure! Look, can we just get this over with already?"