ch. 32 ✰ damn, nice buns

"Oh my God... you're naked!" I squeal, jumping back in horror. A masculine yelp escapes out of Akash's mouth, piercing through the air as my eyes widen to the size of saucers.

Akash immediately uses a bunch of clothes to cover up his nether regions, and he takes an exaggerated deep breath, leaning over on the washing machine. I bite my lip anxiously as an awkward silence wavers through the air.

Akash finally clears his throat. "You didn't see anything."

"Uh, y-yes... I mean, no, I didn't! I was saying yes to the fact that you had asked me whether or not I had seen your, um... yeah."

From my peripheral vision, I see him slightly cocking his head. "You know, you can look over here. I'm not fully naked anymore."

A warbled grumble spews out of my throat as my eyes set on him, his messy hair tousled and his blue eyes gleaming at me with amusement. His cheeks are tinged with a red color and his taunt muscles move like gears as he holds the clothes closely to his lower body. I already knew that this man was built like a Greek God, but as he is standing right here in front of me, his tan skin glistening against the light and his formed abs so carefully carved into his abdomen... well, it is mighty safe to say that this man has a hot body.

"W-why were you here naked?" I stammer out, especially emphasizing on the word naked itself.

Akash groans, leaning his head back. His hand tightens on the clothes as his eyes lock with mine, sending shivers down my spine. "I had just come out of the shower, and most of my clothes were in the dryer..." he pauses for a moment. "So I had thought that, since my room is right next door to the laundry room, that I can just come in here—not wearing any clothes because I simply didn't feel like it—and I didn't think that I would run into anybody since it's, you know, two o' clock in the morning."

I snort derisively. "What kind of logic is that?"

"What do you mean?" he scrunches his nose at me.

"Never mind," I groan, massaging my temple with my hands.

"Alrighty then," Akash lightly laughs. "By the way, what are you doing here?"

I release my hands from my temple and look at him confusingly. "Am I not allowed to do laundry in the middle of the night?"

"Never said you weren't," he simply shrugs.

An exaggerated and overly dramatic deep breath emits from my mouth. "I was about to go in the shower, and I had just remembered my towel was in the dryer—so, I came here, completely not expecting you to be here... naked," I elegantly finish.

"Interesting," he slowly nods his head, a mischievous twinkle radiating from his eyes. "And would this be your towel?" The hand that was leaning against the washer machine soon turns out to be the hand that is holding a bright green towel in front of me.

"Thank you," I sigh, walking over to grab my towel from his hand. "I appreciate your help—"

My voice lurches to a stop as his hand, which was outstretched in front of me, soon goes behind his back. A smirk grows on Akash's face, and I feel the sudden urge to slap the living hell out of him.

"What. Are. You. Doing?" I grit through my teeth.

"No, what are you doing?" Akash's deep voice resonates through the air. "You can grab the towel if you'd like."

"I was going to," I roll my eyes, and I lean over to snatch the towel that is hung behind his back, but he immediately places it above his head. How and why is he doing this while simultaneously clinging a bunch of clothes to his third leg?!