Chapter 21: Great

The thing i hate the most is losing someone. I can't sleep last night just thinking of my future without Serena. How can I move on? I packed my things after I took a bath and went downstairs to the cafeteria where I met Serena sitting alone. She noticed me but she quickly averted her gaze, looking outside to the battlefield where two trainers where battling. I went over to the counter where an Alolan Raichu is serving the pancakes. I sat infront of Serena then she immediately stood up and turned over her plate. I sighed while Mallow and Lillie sat next to me.

"Still nothing huh,"Mallow said."I talked to her last night but I don't think she was listening. She has her earphones on."

"I tried talking to her too earlier this morning but she just avoided me,"Lillie sighed."That was the most humiliating thing I have ever experienced."

"Thank you guys for trying,"I said sincerely."At this point, I think we can't go back to when we were still enjoying our lives together."

"Don't give Ash, you can still snatch her back!"Mallow said."And I don't think that Hau likes Serena and vice versa. I heard from their conversation last night that Hau is planning to ask someone out today."

"I hope so."

"Stop acting like that Ketchum or we will stop helping you." Lillie grabbed my arm.

I gently pushed her hands away and stood up, "I'm really sorry guys if I'm acting like a total jerk but I just can't feel anything rightnow."

"Let me put your tray back so you can prepare for your gym battle later."Mallow snatched the tray from me and started walking towards the bin.

"You need anything else?" Lillie asked.

"I need a reservation for the private
gym about an hour from now. Can you do it?" I asked.

"Yes of course!" Lillie smiled and I managed to smile back.

After 2 hours of training, me and my Pokemons are ready to take on the next gym leader who uses an Eevee. I think this gym battle is going to be a one on one battle but I trained my party just in case it's a three vs three situation. I walked outside the Pokemon Center where my friends are waiting and started walking towards the forest. Apparently, at the other side of this forest is an open grassfield where the gym leader trains his Pokemons.  

"Ready win the gym battle?" I asked Pikachu , in which he excitedly fist bump the air.

"Where's Serena?" Mallow asked.

"Oh, she went out shopping." Hau explained, "She's in a hurry."

"Great."I said. I started walking towards the gym, hoping this day would just get better. 

To be continued . . .