The Most Beautiful Moment in Life

Start from the beginning

There were so many things to mess up... he was going to look stupid up there... he would freeze up during his speech and the fans would roll their eyes... they would go home and make fun of him to their friends and families...

Yoongi kept staring at himself in the mirror.

Ah, why am I so ugly?

He bit his lip angrily. This wasn't helping. Why couldn't he just get over this? It was so stupid. Why was he this scared of people and their judgement?

He was hiding in the bathroom. He couldn't have become a bigger loser even if he tried. He was one of the older members and instead of comforting the younger ones, he was freaking out in the bathroom. Yoongi wanted to chuckle.

I can't do it. I can't perform. I can't.

His lip trembled. Yoongi bit his lip again but it didn't work. His eyes filled up with tears. They burned. His makeup was going to get ruined, the stylists would be mad, ahhhh...

His hands were shaking. He sank down to the floor. His knees were trembling. Yoongi's mind was blank, but not in a "white screen" kind of way. It was like there was a neon green screen in his brain which was too bright for him to handle.

-------

"Did you see where Yoongi hyung went?" Jimin asked.

Hoseok shook his head. "Wasn't he here just a moment ago?"

"Yeah," Jimin said. "I got up to go change my shirt and when I came back, he was gone."

The dancer shrugged. "Maybe he went to the bathroom. Just give it some time. I'm sure he didn't get kidnapped."

There was a worry at the back of his mind though. Yoongi had mentioned to him that he was feeling nervous again. Maybe he had gone somewhere to calm himself down, Hoseok figured. When Yoongi came back, he would be more relaxed.

-------

Yoongi was not more relaxed. He could barely breathe. His shirt was soaked in sweat. He probably smelled disgusting.

He couldn't do this. Now he had his personal hygiene to worry about. Yoongi couldn't perform.

--------

"Where did he go?" Jin asked. He absentmindedly walked into a door while he spoke.

"I'll go check the bathroom," Hoseok said. "And you better watch where you're going."

Jin nodded.

Hoseok didn't have any time to reply to him because he was already running towards the washroom. He knocked on the door. He knew Yoongi was inside. The small sniffs from inside could only belong to the rapper.

"Hyung?"

Hoseok knocked again.

"Hyung? It's me, Hoseok. Are you okay?"

-------

Yoongi inwardly screamed at himself. Why did Hoseok have to come...?

He turned on the tap and carefully washed the tears off his face. His makeup was ruined. Yoongi wondered if there even was time for the stylists to redo it. He was always screwing things up. Hoseok was probably annoyed with him right now.