Concern Works Two Ways

Requested by tae_koo810

warning: throwing up

------

Yoongi gritted his teeth as he tried to concentrate on his work. The laptop icons looked like they were bouncing around. He couldn't focus. His thoughts kept focusing on how badly his stomach was hurting. He wanted to lie down. At times, he considered it. He could just lay down on the floor for a couple minutes and then, hopefully, he would be okay.

But the others kept coming into his studio to ask him questions and he didn't want the others to know. They would get worried and tell him to go home. Yoongi would never let that happen! No!

The thing that he was dreading the most was dance practice. He felt like he could barely move out of his chair, forget dance around. Just the thought was enough to make him break out into a cold sweat.

"Yoongi!"

Jin's loud voice broke him out of his thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"I've been calling your name for the past minute, but you were just looking off into space," Jin said. A look of concern appeared on his face. "You good?"

Before Yoongi could stop him, he put his hand on his forehead.

"You're kind of warm."

Yoongi shook his head, forcing a smile. "Forget it, hyung. It's sort of hot in there, that's all."

"If you say so."

"Yes."

Yoongi tried his best to straighten himself out and act like his stomach wasn't screaming bloody murder at him right now. He looked up at Jin.

"You needed to ask me something?"

Jin still didn't look fully convinced, but he nodded, shoving a music sheet in Yoongi's hands.

"I need you to help me with this. The producer keeps saying to go down an octave, but in the original music it says to keep it in the same range. What do you think sounds better?"

Yoongi shrugged. "I think we should keep it in the same range. Just easier for all of us."

"Thanks, that's what I was thinking," Jin said.

He headed out. Yoongi sighed. He honestly hadn't understood a single thing that Jin had just rambled on about. He had just said the first thing that came to mind.

Instead, he shifted in his chair. Yoongi needed to find a comfortable position. He eventually settled on getting up and laying down on the couch. He buried his face into a pillow. It was starting to get a little bit too much. Moving around hurt.

Ugh, he was in so much pain.

-------

He awoke with a start. His watch was beeping. Yoongi cursed when he saw the time. Dance.

He slowly got up off the couch, careful not to move too quickly. One wrong move and he would get such a bad cramp that he wouldn't be able to get up again.

He wouldn't be able to change into new clothes. With all his strength, Yoongi prayed that they wouldn't be doing anything extreme in class today.

-------

Two steps into the room and he knew he wasn't in any luck. Loud music was blasting through the room. Yoongi tried to swallow back the growing headache. He was already in pain.

He shuffled to the back where the others were. Jungkook and Hoseok were standing near the mirrors, joking around with each other. Yoongi avoided Jin's gaze.