Mayday

Requested by @LottaRaven

-------

"I won't miss you, don't worry," Yoongi said. Jungkook, on the other side of the telephone line, chuckled.

"I hope you have fun, hyung. I know you really wanted to do this."

"Yeah, that I did."

Yoongi checked his watch. There was still half-an-hour before boarding started, and he didn't have anything else to do before then. His boarding pass rested on his suitcase. The world had just settled down into its evening routine.

"I'm going to have to go now," Jungkook said. "I know you're probably tired of talking to me too, I can tell."

"No, that's not true, I-" Yoongi sighed heavily. "No it's just that I can't think of anything else to say. Nothing about you."

"Sure, sure."

Despite Jungkook's dismal words, he sounded just as cheerful as ever. He was probably saying it for dramatic effect to make Yoongi feel guilty. And it had worked. Jungkook had the whole world wrapped around his finger and he took advantage of that fact every single day.

Not that Yoongi minded too much. Nah, it was actually endearing for him to see.

"Bye," Jungkook said before cutting the call.

Yoongi dropped his phone back onto his lap before letting out a deep sigh. All around him, the bustle of the airport continued. There was a Starbucks nearby. He could smell the coffee from here. He would've gotten up to get some, but getting up seemed like too much hassle so he didn't. Plus, he didn't want to attract too much attention to himself. Yoongi pulled his mask up to cover more of his nose. He didn't know why he was so paranoid - nobody was even looking at him.

A few months ago, Yoongi had been contacted by this Japanese singer. He had been listening to her work for years now, and as it turned out, she was also a big fan of him. So when she asked whether he was able to produce her next single, Yoongi jumped at the chance. What followed was hours of calls and explanations and culminated in this - Yoongi finally getting to go to Japan to work with her. He would've preferred that she had came to Korea instead, but it was what it was.

Yoongi was excited. He had some ideas for the song, he had already made some sample beats, and they had talked about some ideas. He couldn't wait until he could see the whole finished product, with her vocals added in and everything. He loved her voice. He loved her style. Gosh, Yoongi couldn't go a moment without fanboying over her. She was just (chef's kiss) perfect.

He tried not to show any of said excitement as he sat there in the airport terminal. He had bothered the members and his family nonstop when she had first emailed him, and he had gotten relentlessly teased because of it. The main culprit was Jungkook, as usual. It was good to see that nothing ever changed.

In just a few days, Yoongi would be able to sit in that studio and work. And see her sing completely live. And she would talk to him face to face and he would be in seventh heaven. She would be impressed with him and he would get her autograph and be able to show it off. She and Yoongi would get together to hang out. Yoongi would tell her everything about himself. And she would smile and tell him-

He shook his head. Since when had he become such a simp? All he was doing was producing music for her, not marrying her, even though he would be willing to do that any day.

Yoongi was sure that his face was redder than a tomato underneath his mask. Goddamn it. He should be more professional, but he couldn't stop freaking out.

He took a deep breath and opened his phone up again. Scrolling through YouTube seemed to attract him the most. He flicked through several videos. Nothing interested him too much, and he couldn't bear to watch anything for more than five seconds. But it passed the time.