Handing Over Crutches

Requested by @Mxddy

-----

It was moments like these that made Yoongi really thankful to have the other boys around him.

They were learning the choreography for a new song.

Their comeback wasn't for a long time, so for once, they could take their time learning this dance. Hoseok was cheerful, so was Jimin, and Jin was also cracking his cheesy jokes. The whole atmosphere was cheesy, but Yoongi liked it. He relished it.

"Shouldn't you be lifting your leg a little higher Taehyung?" Namjoon asked. "I was told to lift mine super high, but yours is barely leaving the ground."

"What?" Taehyung shrugged. "I don't know what I'm doing. I'm kind of confused. But I think that you're wrong."

"Hoseok!" Namjoon yelled. "I need help!"

Yoongi zoned out of their conversation. Jungkook was saying something funny and Jimin was on his knees laughing. Yoongi found himself starting to laugh halfheartedly as well. They goofed around for the next fifteen minutes. Hoseok didn't bother teaching Namjoon or Taehyung anything; they just talked about off-topic things and made each other laugh.

But soon enough, the room fell silent and it grew serious once more.

"Guys, we need to learn the chorus, come on," Jin said.

"Yeah," Hoseok said seriously. "We need to get this down, come on."

Yoongi obediently took his position. Jimin was right in front of him and Namjoon was right behind. The loud music thumped started up and echoed through the room. They waited until the chorus part was playing and then they started practicing.

They ran through it a few times. Then they had a water break. The dance teacher came in to answer any questions and demonstrate again. Hoseok corrected Taehyung. Namjoon smirked at the second maknae, knowing that he had been right.

Hoseok laughed. Jin said some dumb pun. Yoongi accidentally giggled. Jin knelt down in prayer as a sign of thanks. The maknae line went into hysterics.

-------

"Okay, guys, I want us to go from the beginning a few more times," Hoseok announced.

A few groans answered him, but everyone took their position without too much hassle. The music started up again.

Yoongi spun to the side just like he was supposed to. The three jumps, the arm movement... he seemed to be doing quite well. He wasn't making any silly mistakes. Except a moment later, his right foot twisted weirdly. He had put his foot down weird after lifting it up. A strange popping sound filled the air and Yoongi crashed to the ground. Pain flooded his right ankle.

"Whoa, Yoongi, you alright?" Namjoon asked. He stopped dancing, running over to where the rapper was.

"Yeah..."

The music was turned off. The boys ran to his side. Many questions were fired off, asking if he was alright.

Yoongi's problem spot was his ankle. It was starting to hurt. He remembered hearing a popping sound when he fell. He wondered if he had sprained his ankle or something.

"Huh... Yoongi hyung, did you hurt your leg?" Jimin asked.

The rapper pointed gingerly to his leg.

Jimin put his hand on Yoongi's ankle, causing the latter to whimper and shake his head.

"Here," Jin said. He held out his arm. Yoongi looked at him and rolled his eyes, but took it. Jin kept his other hand firmly on Yoongi's waist so the rapper didn't have to put his ankle on the ground.