Bloody Night

Requested by Bts_stan110

warning: blood

------

Yoongi's grandma had passed away a few weeks ago. She had been sick for a while, so he knew it was only a matter of time. But still, it still hurt. He used to go see her whenever he had a break from his schedules, but now he would never see her again. The truth hurt. 

The others noticed that he was a bit upset, but they didn't push him to explain why. They were gentler with him in their own ways. Jungkook usually never let anybody else shower before him, but he let Yoongi use up all the hot water one day. Yoongi was touched. 

He had gone to the funeral, spent time with his other family members, but he hadn't properly allowed himself to feel things. He dove back into work after he came back in an effort to keep himself busy and stop his mind from wandering. Yoongi found himself thinking about fun memories from when he was younger though. He got distracted easily these days. 

-------

The other secret that Yoongi was keeping from the other members was that he had haemolacria, which meant that his tears were often bloody. It wasn't painful at all. It had started up when he was younger, the doctors couldn't find the reason. It didn't cause any problems for him, so they just let it be. His tears weren't bloody all the time, but sometimes, they could be. 

Yoongi didn't want to explain to the others how everything about it worked, so he opted to simply not tell them. It's not like he cried regularly. Hoseok would probably freak out and start writing a research paper on why Yoongi should tell them everything. No. Yoongi didn't want that. 

He had been lucky so far. Every time he had cried in front of the members, there hadn't been any noticeable blood. Even if there had been, nobody had noticed. Yoongi needed to keep that up. 

-------

It was one of those days where Yoongi was just chilling and scrolling through social media when the facts hit him. He was never going to see his grandma again. She wouldn't be able to see her grandson achieving anything any more and Yoongi hated that fact. His eyes filled up with tears and he put his phone away. 

Before he could stop himself, some of the tears had spilled over the edge and were rolling down his face.  He clapped his hands to his face. Memories flooded through his mind. A vital part of Yoongi's life was gone, and he wasn't ready to let it go yet. Or, let her go, maybe. He leaned back into his pillow and started to cry. His chest felt empty. He didn't like that feeling. Yoongi tried to keep his sobs to a minimum so he laid down and curled up into a ball. He tried to talk himself out of it, but it was no use. After a while, he gave up and just cried. He clutched the bedsheet between his fingers as he did. He thought about all the things about his grandma used to do, how everyone else cried at the funeral and how he stood there with a blank look on his face, and how such an amazing person was gone and she would never come back and how Yoongi would never see her again and... the thoughts went on like this again and again. 

Eventually, he got tired too. Yoongi drifted off in sleep, not caring about anything else around him. He touched his face one time just to check. His fingers came back bloody. For a moment, he considered getting up and washing his face, but he quickly decided against it. He was far too tired and the bathroom was way too far. 

He could just clean it up in the morning. He would wake up early and wash everything. 

-------

"It's 9:45, wow," Jimin said. "He's still not awake?"

Jin shook his head. "I don't want to disturb him because... you know how he is, but..."