JIMIN POV

30 minutes before

I force my eyes open again once more, pushing the heavy weight I feel in my eyelids away. There's so much work that needs to be done and I only have so much time to do everything. I sigh and look at the time. 930pm.

I could have been home an hour ago if it wasn't for the new meeting scheduled tomorrow all of a sudden. After a while, my vision turns blurry as I zoom in and out of focus on the documents in front of me. I hear a knock on my door all of a sudden, startling me awake. "C-come in."

The light in my office is dim, but I can see her silhouette standing at the door. "Hey, baby, you tired?"

I rake my fingers through my blonde hair, feeling exasperated. "Yeah, I had a lot of work to do today," I say, pouting and rubbing my eyes. Her laughter rings in the room, making me smile a little. For some reason it feels different today, and the air shifts as she walks closer to my desk.

"Let me help with that, hm?" She whispers sensually in my ear, sending a shiver down my spine. I gulp down the moment I feel her sit on my lap.

She shifts herself on my thighs, rocking slowly teasing me. I'm taken back by her sudden bold action, groaning at the feeling, uncomfortable.

"I-I thought you weren't r-ready..." I stutter out, trying to hold back on her.

"I'm not the same girl before, Park Jimin," she smiles suggestively. I only catch a bit of what she said, only pure bliss running through my mind right now.

She wastes no more time and pulls me in for a rough kiss. She's never kissed me like that before, her tongue grazing my bottom lip. Something doesn't feel right, the way she's acting is so unlike her. She doesn't taste like strawberries as she usually does, making me furrow my eyebrows. She picks up on my expression and slowly pulls away in question. However something in me snaps and I grip her hips tightly, begging her to continue. 

Just as her head dips down to capture my lips once more, the doorknob turns and another figure to steps in. Shocked, I look to the door. But as my mind sobers up I realise: 

Hyojin?

Present

She looks up at me, clutching her heart tightly. I push the girl off my lap and scramble to her. Now that light from the corridor has pooled into the room, it becomes clear that the girl's identity is none other than Hyerin. 

"H-hyojin..." I choke out. I feel my throat tighten, just the look of betrayal on her face sends me through every level of hell.

Her eyes well up in tears and my heart clenches at the sight. Tears that were caused by me. "Hyojin, please—"

"No, Jimin. Don't fucking start," she grits her teeth at me. The look of determination on her face scares me so much, I feel her slip away from me and I feel so powerless.

She looks so tired and stressed out, her eyebags illuminated in the light behind her. She wipes her tears with her arm, turning away from me. "How could you... I can't believe y-you'd do that to me. I guess I was the only one who thought what we had was special. This soulmate thing really didn't mean anything, hm?"

She laughs sarcastically, the tears in her eyes making them shine like fallen stars. She looks so pained it's hard to look at her in this state, the state that I caused. I feel the tears fall down my cheeks when I see her retreating backwards when I try to reach out to her. "Hyojin, you have to believe me, I didnt—"

"Honestly, Jimin, if you were really done with me you could have just told me. She's everything you'd ever want in a girl, why did I think I could compete with that?" She looks down at her feet, before turning to Hyerin with a defeated look on her face. "You win, okay? I'm sorry for whatever the hell I did to you that was so bad. I hope you have your peace now."

She then runs away from my office sobbing. I try to follow after her but a hand pulls me back, preventing me from looking for the girl I love so much. I turn around quickly and harshly remove her arm off me. 

"Never fucking touch me again," I growl at her lowly. I catch myself feeling surprised at my own voice. It's so low and menacing, a sound I do not recognise of myself. If looks could kill Hyerin would drop dead by now.

"Not my problem," she smirks amusingly at me. 

It takes a lot of my willpower not to hurt the woman before me. My mother would be very disappointed with me if I do and it would be another thing to worry about. 

"Fuck you, Na Hyerin. I hope you'll never be happy for the rest of your pathetic life. I've never met anyone this low and desperate as you, it's fucking sad," I spit at her. I take my coat harshly from my chair, startling her as the chair topples over with a loud crash. 

She looks at me wide-eyed, and for the very first time I see fear flicker across her face. All trace of confidence leaves her body as she sees the look in my eyes. I will never let her live well after all that she's done. I open my door so hard the knob crushes a piece of wall it hits, making her flinch in my peripheral vision. 

I call and text her nonstop, asking her if she's okay and if she's gotten home. All our memories flood my mind like a tidal wave. All the times she's smiled, her beautiful features tattooed in my mind forever. The way she tucks her hair behind her ears when she's nervous, the times she's picked me up when I've fallen. She has changed me for the better and even managed to help me make things right in my relationships with people. She's the best thing that ever will happen to me, isn't she?

As I step into the apartment, I feel the weight of the world crash onto my shoulders. "Jimin?" Namjoon hyung calls me.

For the first time, I let myself cry in front of someone other than Hyojin.