35

HYOJIN POV

8pm

I wait for him at Myeongjang past closing time, nervously playing with my fingers. What could he possibly want to tell me? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. It sounded pretty serious. I see him walk into the cafe, greeting everyone and landing his eyes on my anxious figure. "Come on, I'll tell you on your way back to the dorm."

I take his hand and walk beside him silently, bidding Taehyung and Imo goodbye. It seems nowadays my shift doesn't schedule with my mom's, which makes me a little sad. I do miss her, hopefully I'll see her soon once my work in both Myeongjang and school dies down.

"What did you want to tell me?" I ask in a quiet voice, letting my fear get the better of me. Jimin releases a long, pent up sigh, and I know this does not mean good news.

"My dad needs my help at Park Co."

I look up at him to see his face contorted, pain and stress etched in every corner of his features. "My brother's performance has been, staggering as he put it. He's been involved in bribing and forging of certain documents and that's not the image my father wants of his company. Seeing as I'm the only option he has he needs me to take over Minjun's position."

I frown hearing this. This isn't fair to Jimin. "I thought he didn't want to speak to you? And now he needs your help? I'm sure there's someone just as capable and trustworthy in an office of 13,000 employees."

He grips my hand tighter. "Yeah, but none are potential CEO apparently. And if I take it up for the time being he'll grant me allowance again to help the guys in the apartment. I don't want to do this, Hyojin, I really don't. But he's still family, and I just feel like I'd disappoint my mom if I keep straining my relationship with my father."

"So what now? Are you going to quit Myeongjang? O-or the..." I can't bring myself to say it. I'll never let him give up his job as a dance trainer. 

Thankfully, he shakes his head. "I'll quit Myeongjang, but he agreed to let me go to Daehyun on weekends." He takes a long pause before speaking again.

"He wants to see you too."