Dear Fortnite Addict,

Happy birthday! Have a great birthday, because it doesn't happen every FORTNIGHT! (see what I did there? ;))

From Addie :)

I waited for the pen ink on the card to cool, before I closed it and slipped it inside the envelope, writing his name on the envelope. I then moved onto Gee.

Dearest 'Blue Haired Bitch', 

Happy Birthday!!  Have a great birthday, knowing you share a birthday with Heejin and Umji from the kpop band GFRIEND!

Love from Addie :))

I blew on the ink, trying to make it dry faster, before closing the card and slipping it into the envelope. I licked my thumb, running it over the dry glue on the envelope and shutting it. Next was Lewis.

Dear Ketchup loving weirdo, 

Happy Birthday!! Have a great birthday :)

From, Addie

I wrote, waiting for it to close. If you are wondering why I didn't say 'Love from' or put x's at the end of my name for Lewis and Chip, it's because I don't want to sound like I have a little crush. Plus Chip was Gee's girlfriend, and I didn't want to sound like a hoe. Anyways, I had to write Vikk's card next.

Dear Vikky,

Happy Birthday!! Have a great birthday :))

From, your minecraft buddy, Addie

Before putting the card in the envelope, I drew a small creeper in the bottom corner and wrote:

Hope your birthday is a blast. ;)

Cringe, I know, but I was trying to write a bad joke in every card. Anyways, Ethan was next.

Dear  ginger,

Happy birthday!! I thought of two things you don't have and decided to buy them for you. Oh, and I didn't know whether I should buy a cake- so I bought the nearest alternative.

Hope you enjoy your presents!

From, Addie.

p.s. I know you don't have a girlfriend on your birthday (which might make you unhappy), but I'm sure that you can just go and ask the men from tinder for a shag.

 I wrote the last part laughing, before sliding it into the envelope and writing Viddal's.

Dear Viddal,

Happy Birthday, JJ's trainer!! In all honesty though, I just want to thank you for helping me in London those many years ago when that guy was there, because you helped me in so many ways I wouldn't have known fuckall about if it wasn't for you.

From, Addie.

P.s. I usually don't write classically cringey cute shit like this, so please appreciate :)

I knew that that message wasn't something I'd usually write since it was so meaningful- but I thought it was nice, none the less. Besides- I had to write JJ's next.

Dear JJ,

I paused before writing, thinking of what to say.

Happy Birthday!!  I know I haven't known you for that long, and we got off on a bad foot- but thank you so much for letting me stay at your place and tag along when you guys went out to do all of the fun shit we did. Good luck for the fight in advance <3

From your favourite, Addie :)

I signed off. I knew I could do a write a better message- ESPECIALLY for JJ, but I was content with what I had written. 

I wrote everyone's names on the outside of their envelopes, sealing the ones that I hadn't already, and taping them to the presents. I looked at the time on my phone, reading that it was currently 6PM. That meant that it was only three hours until the party. 

'You done?' Cal asked.

'Yeah.' I replied.

'Want to go up and join the others?' He asked.

'Yeah, sure. Should we just leave these here?' I asked everyone.

'I'm going to.' Sarah shrugged. 

'Okay, so will I then.' I shrugged, pushing the presents behind the couch. 'See you later.' I said, walking out of the room with Cal. 

'Everyone's upstairs watching Friends.' I told Cal, recounting what Mier said.

'Oh, thanks, but I'm going to go and get a snack from the kitchen first. You want some popcorn?' He asked.

'Yes please.' I said. 

'Okay, come on.' He lead me into the kitchen.

The kitchen was simple. Black marble counter, white colour theme, and the fridge, freezer, oven, cooker and all of those behind the counter.

Callum opened a cupboard and took out two brown paper bag. He shoved the bag into the microwave and clicked some buttons before stepping away and facing me. 

'So...' He said awkwardly.

'When's your birthday?' I asked, trying to relieve us of the awkward atmosphere.

'11th March 1992.' He said instantly.

'No way!' I exclaimed.

'What?' He asked.

'You share birthdays with Jordan Lipscombe and Joogie!' I said excitedly.

'I know Jordan- but who is Joogie?' He asked, confused.

'Joogie is one of Lazarbeam's friends. We met when I stayed at Australia.' I explained. 'And anyways, the real question is- how old really ARE you?' I asked.

'I'm only twenty-six.' He laughed.

'You're older than Josh?!' I asked, not believing it. 'You really don't look like it.'

'I'm-' Cal was cut off by the microwave pinging, revealing that the popcorn was done. Cal walked up to the microwave, taking the bags out and emptying them out into two bowls and handing one to me.

'You don't mind salty, do you?' He asked.

'I don't mind- but I prefer sweet.' I said.

'That's what she said.' He mumbled quietly.

'Cal!' I burst out laughing, giving him a friendly punch on the shoulder.

We walked up the stairs, entering a room. There were two couches and one beanbag, all facing the TV which was blaring out the Friends theme tune. As we walked through the door, everyone turned around and stared at us. Vikk and Freezy were sitting in the beanbag together, sharing a bowl of popcorn, and most of the others were all squished together on the two couches.

'Snacks?' Harry looked up hopefully.

'We only brought them for ourselves, fat bitch.' Lux replied, laughing. Harry just rolled his eyes.

'What's the time, again?' Freya asked.

'It's six.' I replied.

'I really want to watch this episode, but I know we should go and get ready.' Talia groaned.

'Let's watch half the episode now and watch the other half later.' Simon shrugged.

'Sure.' Talia shrugged, leaning her head on Simon's shoulder. 

I took a seat by Katie on one of the sofas, smiling at how cute Simon and Talia were. One day, I hoped I could be just as cute as them with someone of my own. Just who, where and how...