Chapter 10- Part 1

Even though he was trying to act annoyed I could hear the pain in his voice, in his last words spoken to me. I stare after him until I cannot see him anymore. I try calling out, but no sound escapes my lips. I stamp one foot on the ground, furious at myself for the pain I have caused him. Dirt flicks up from around my foot at the pressure and force I put into that one foot. I turn and punch the tree, leaving a dint and mark of my clenched fist in the firm wood. My hand begins has been cut from the force I used but I can already see the cuts beginning to heal.

Someone puts their hand on my shoulder and I immediately turn around, still furious, to see my mother staring back at me. I fall into her arms and she immediately wraps her arms around me. I bury my face into her chest. The tears I was holding back now flowing freely, no control. I have finally lost self-control. Dad comes up behind me and places a supportive hand onto my shoulder.

No words were spoken, just the presence of my mother and father being there was enough. To know in this state I am in that I haven't lost everyone. It takes a while to collect myself but I finally do, and immediately stop crying.

"I'm fine, lets go see Carlisle."

The trip to Carlisle's is eeirly quiet between the three of us. Well, atleast we are fast and get there within a couple of minutes, I wouldn't have been able to stand that silence for too much longer.

We don't even have to knock on the door because as we step up to the pathway leading to the front door Alice is there to greet us. I step through as quick as I can, going straight to Carlisle. Mum and dad soon follow.

"What's the problem?"

"I have self-control issues," I reply simply.

"I told you on the phone?" Edward says.

"Yes that's right. Renesmee when you first turn your emotions are heightened, it's completly normal. Well, normal for a vampire, that is."

"But you didn't have it this serious, did you?" I ask, facing all three; Carlisle, mother and father.

"Everyone is different, especially you. Pity we aren't in touch with them anymore," Carlisle says.

"Well I just keep everyone away from me and I'll be fine." Dad gives me a worried look.

"Renesmee, the sooner you get control over these emotions the better. Locking yourself away won't help. Won't it, Carlisle?"

"No, it'll get worse as you haven't learnt to take control. The sooner the better, especially with the Volturi coming for us, again."

"So what you're saying is that I was wrong to keep Jake away? He is not coming near me, I won't hurt him."

"Renesmee that is up to you, but you can learn self-control with us too, your family. It doesn't matter who."

"Fine, then Jake isn't coming near me," I finalise and I feel as if a part of me has just disappeared when I say it, as if I am losing myself. I feel slightly crushed but try not to show it. All I want is Jake to be there for me. To support me, at whatever the cost. But I know I cannot, to protect him.

I immediately look at dad but he hasn't heard a thing. I guess mum still has a shield around me, she has gotten quite good at it.

"Well everything is fine, so can I go now? I just want to go home." Carlisle nods, saying I'm in the all clear. I leave and shut the door, but before walking away, I listen in.

"Carlisle I am worried about her," I hear my mother say.

"Bella, when I said it is just her emotions heightened I meant it, not just to stop her worrying."

"Are you sure it's only that?"

"Bella, if it doesn't calm down then I will do further study. But at the moment, yes I am sure."

"Carlisle hasn't let us down before Bella, she'll be okay," dad reassures her.

"I hope so."

I leave, hearing enough. I quickly go out the front, not wanting to bump into anyone and I don't, thankfully. I run straight home.