Chapter 12- Part 5

Renesmee's P.O.V

"What is their kind doing here?" I hear Dimitri say angrily, looking else where. The pain disappears and I immediately know that something must have grabbed Jane's attention as she wouldn't have stopped her torture. She loves the power she has over people with that little 'gift' of hers.

I spin around on the ground as I hear something running up to us. I stop dead in my tracks, frozen on the ground when I realise who it was that has caught every single one of the Volturi's attention. Jacob.

"Jake! Get out of here!" I say as I jump up from the ground. I go to run to him but don't even make it two meters as someone grabs me from behind. "Let go of me!"

"Why would I do that?" The person who grabbed me asks, and I recognise the voice. It's Alec.

"Jake, what are you doing?" I cry out, struggling in Alec's grip. "Run, Jake! Are you crazy!?"

As soon as Jake reaches us he growls at Alec. Alec don't flinch at all and stands firm, even tightening his grip around my torso.

Jake cringes backwards a couple of steps. I panic as I see that Jake is in pain and I turn my head to look over at Jane. She is one hundred per-cent focused on Jake.

"Leave him alone!"

My family run over and mum places her shield around Jake, he immediately relaxes and I sigh in relief. Mum doesn't even try to shield me; to shield me she will also shield Alec so he would be able to use his powers on me anyway.

"Lets not start a war, Aro," Carlisle says. He sounds sincere but there is an edge to his voice that I have only heard once or twice before.

"Even if Renesmee and Jacob are together, it isn't causing any issues to anyone so what is the problem!? And get Alec to let go of my daughter," mum demands. Aro nods to Alec and his arms drop of the lock they had on me. I run to Jake's side, and also into the protection of mum's shield and being with my family.

"It will not end well," Aro states.

"We have been friends with them for years and haven't had an issue yet," mum replies. "Stop looking for a reason to fight my family, Aro, because you will never find one. We know you want Alice and Edward, but the thing is, they aren't leaving. And the stunt you did today, hurting my daughter and Jake, isn't going to get anyone on your side."

Aro is quiet for a minute which feels like forever. He has the final say, the answer to us being in a fight, and potentially dying, or us being left alone. This one vampire has too much power, and it has to stop. We need a new way of living. Yes, the secrecy of vampires is important, but the way the Volturi keep this law is gruesome.

"I understand." is all he says. We wait for him to continue. He doesn't.

"So Jake and I can be together?" I ask, wanting my anxiety to distinguish. I need to know what mine and Jake's future is or if there is no future for Jake and I.

"It is up to the two of you, but if there is any problems, we will not give second chances on this matter."

"I have something to add to your little deal," mum says. Aro remains quiet so mum continues.

"That you will stop coming here due to what you hear, you will take things about my family from only us. That way there will be no more future confusions. Last time you came here due to hearing about a turned child which was false. And now you come back due to hearing about a relationship with a shape shifter, not wolf, that isn't even a problem. And it shouldn't have came as such a shock as there was shape shifters with us at our last encounter."

There is a dead silence and I honestly begin to think that our hope of not having a war has finally been erased due to mum's add in on Aro's answer. Dad, Carlisle and the rest of my family remain perfectly still where they stand. I don't think any of us are shocked at mum's answer - only she would try to make deals with the Volturi- but none of us thought she would say it like that. It sounded like a demand.

"Very well."