Chapter 11- Part 3

It takes a lot to immobilise Emmett so he gets up immediately from landing on the ground with a large bang and the result being a small crack in the cement of Carlisle's garage floor. I bite down on my lip, feeling guilty. I bit down on my lip with a bit too much force, however, and I taste my own blood in my mouth.

"Lets do this outside?" I suggest and we all walk outside, away from the house and into the bush.

Once I'm outside, surrounded by trees, Emmett and I lose Jasper and Rose.

"Be prepared," Emmett mutters beside me.

"Where are they?" I say, my back facing Emmett's as we turn in a circle, covering each other's backs.

"Going to surprise us, I'm guessing." Not even a second after Emmett says those words he is thrown away from me. I immediately turn around and Emmett is nowhere to be seen.

I am glad Emmett and Jasper aren't going easy on me. I knew they wouldn't, that's why I asked them to do this and not any of the others, they would've cut me slack and that means I would not be prepared at all.  

Rose is only with us because she said she would make sure they wouldn't kill me. The way Jasper and Emmett are taking this so seriously I understand why Rose wanted to be my bodyguard.

I hear the crunch of leaves somewhere to my side and I turn in that direction but see nothing. Well, I can see everything, even though it is night time, by 'nothing' I mean I can see no one there. Before I can turn around someone runs up behind me and pushes their hands in a harsh and quick movement on my back, and even though they only made contact for a second that movement throws me forwards into a tree about fifty metres straight ahead of where I was standing. Before I hit the tree I was able to turn slightly so my side hit the tree rather than my face.

My hip stings with pain and I drop my hand to my side. My hips burns as if it was on fire but then I realise the pain on the side of my head. If I was human that would've killed me, or broken most of my ribs on the right side.  

"I asked for this," I mutter to myself. I stand up after the pain disappears, thank god I heal quickly.

I see Jasper running up to me. I growl at him as I dust the thick patch of dirt and dust from my clothes. My top on the side is completely torn and I have rips in my leggings.

"Put a bit too much force into that, sorry."

"A bit!?"

"A lot then, sorry."

"It's fine, guess I still need a lot of practice, huh?"

"We don't have time. The Volturi are coming tomorrow."

"What are you talking about?" I ask, stunned but that ridiculous statement. "I don't sleep now, remember? We have all night and all tomorrow morning, they aren't coming until the afternoon, we still have heaps of time."

"Jasper you have to be more careful!" Rose says as she comes by my side, studying me. "Are you OK?"

"I'm fine, we have to do it again. More training, practice, whatever you want to call it."

"I think you've had enough for a while. Your mum told me to watch out for you."

"I am fine," I say as I walk away from the tree I was thrown into and look for Emmett.

"Renesmee, we have tomorrow morning to do this also. We still have plenty of time."

I see Emmett as he runs up to me. "Thrown into a tree and you're still moving? You're one tough kid."

I laugh. "Scared of competition, Emmett?"

"No." Rose says, looking at Emmett. "Call it off for tonight, it's dark and late. Don't want to wake any humans up, do this tomorrow morning."

"Rose, if you're worried, go inside with the others. I asked Jas and Emmett to do this because the rest of you wouldn't have. We have all night and all morning, and if you think I am going to waste even a second of it laying down and 'resting' you are crazy.

"Emmett, Jas, are we still doing this or what?"