Chapter 13- Part 5

~*~*~*~*~*~

Just as Jake had said he was inside Carlisle's home when we got back, talking to Emmett and Rose or, as he called her, 'blondie'. 

He has his back to us and is deep in conversation with Rose and Emmett. I look at Jake and smile, planning what I am going to do next. Emmett sees me and opens his mouth to say something. 

Shut up Emmett! I say loudly in his head, sending my thoughts to him. He winks and closes his mouth. 

I run as fast as I can towards Jake. I planned to jump onto Jake's back but at the last minute he turns around and I jump into his chest, Jake catching me as soon as I wrap my arms around his neck. I lean into Jake and kiss him. 

"Aw you two cuties!" Emmett says loudly. I jump down from Jake and run to Emmett, slapping him on his arm as hard as I possibly can. He doesn't even flinch and I sigh in frustration. 

"I'm much older than you Nessie," he mocks me. 

"Yeah, I know," I say grinning and he shakes his head.

"Play nice you two," Rose says. 

"Control your husband," I say. 

"I've already tried," she looks at him and rolls her eyes. I can't help but smile at the two of them. They are so good together as a couple. 

We stay where we are and talk for what seems like no time at all, but when dad comes down from upstairs I know we are going home. 

"Nessie, we're going home," dad calls out as he walks downstairs, telling me what I already presumed. 

I sigh. "Why? We haven't been here that long." 

"Because we are," he says. "And it's nearly ten o'clock. 

"Are you serious?" I ask, I check the time on the clock hung up on the wall, it's five minutes to ten. "And 'because we are' isn't an-"

"Nes, they're letting me stay at yours. Don't argue or they might not," Jake warns from beside me. 

Ok I'll try, I think. I can hear Jake trying to stifle a laugh. 

Mum comes down from upstairs also, following not long after dad and I cannot help but wonder why mum, dad, Carlisle and all of the others apart from Jake, Rose and Emmett were upstairs. 

Mum, dad, Jake and I say bye to everyone before leaving. As we are walking home I wait for 'the talk' about tonight and where Jake will be sleeping, but it never comes up. 

When we get home I wait for them to say something still, they don't. I check the time and it's nearly ten thirty. I guess we stayed longer saying goodbye than I thought we did. 

We all remain in the living room, watching movies, finding practically anything to pass the time by. We watch a few movies before I can see Jake starting to doze off beside me on the couch. 

"Jake, if you're tired go to sleep, you can sleep in my bed, I don't use it anyway," I say. 

He widens his eyes, trying to appear like he's wide awake. Dad smiles, shaking his head. 

"Busy day tomorrow, Jake, you'll need all the sleep you can get." 

I turn to dad and smile. I honestly thought they had forgotten.

"I better get off to sleep then, I need to sleep unlike you guys. Goodnight," he says, standing up from the couch and walking upstairs. 

I don't bother following him; he needs his rest and I don't sleep, so I decide to stay downstairs and watch some movies with mum and dad. "So, what's next?"