Chapter 14- Part 1

I walk upstairs and head for my room, seeing if Jake is awake yet. I open the door as quietly as I can, walking in and closing it behind me. I look at Jake and he is still fast asleep. I laugh and find myself shaking my head as I realise he has wrapped the blankets around himself like a cocoon and is sleeping right in the middle of my double bed. I turn around, my hand on the handle to open the door and leave, to allow Jake to sleep for a little while longer.

"Stay," I hear Jake murmur. I let go of the handle and turn back around to see Jake smiling at me, still wrapped in the Donna cover.

"Good morning," I say as I walk over to him. He straightens out the blanket and moves over, patting a now empty space on my bed beside him. As he sits up in the bed I sit down beside him.

"Happy birthday beautiful," he says right before he kisses my forehead. As soon as he kisses my forehead a rush of heat spreads out within me, and I cannot help myself but smile. I place my hand on his cheek and bring him to me, kissing him, loving how he kisses me back without hesitation.

"Thank you," I say after he breaks away from me. He smiles and gets off of the bed and grabs his bag that he must have packed and taken back to Carlisle's as we were hunting as we never went to his place last night. He rummages through his bag, looking for something.

He sighs in what I think is relief as he turns back around to face me. He has something gripped tightly in his hand which I cannot yet see.

He sits back down on the bed and tells me to turn around. I look at him, puzzled, but do as he said. He places my hair on my left shoulder and wraps something around my neck. I hold my hair and lift it up. "Done," he says. Letting go of the delicate chain.

I let go of my hair and hold the chain in my hands, looking down at it for what I can see. It is beautiful. It's a necklace with what appears to be a red rose with a gem of some sort in the centre of it.

"It's beautiful but you didn't have to get me anything," I say, smiling before I kiss him again.

"I wanted to, and I'm glad you like it."

"Renesmee! Jake! Lets go to Carlisle's, we need to set up!"

"Set up for what?" I call back to dad.

"For your party! Hurry up!"

"I need to get changed," Jake says.

I nod, I'll be downstairs.

"Dad, what about me? I don't have anything to wear."

"Girls," he says, shaking his head. "Alice has organised something and it's at her place. We need to get going."

At that moment mum walks down from upstairs and she is in jeans, a singlet and her signature finish, a checked, long-sleeve top unbuttoned over her singlet.

As soon as Jake comes down we all leave, heading straight to Carlisle's as dad and mum tell me what we are doing.

"What? Alice is in charge? She will go way over the top," I say, even though I won't object to that.

"You know what she is like, any excuse for a party. It will be a good party though."

"Tell me about it," I say.

She has organised everyone of our birthday celebrations for my entire life. Even though that might not sound like a long time -as it's only two years- there is nine of us in total, including her. That is eighteen parties. Oh and don't forget anniversaries and other celebrations.