Chapter 3- Part 3

I can't wait to see him and tell mum and dad so I can think about him as much as I want. Well, obviously I will not think about him whenever I want; I do not want dad to hear my every thought about Jake. It still feels surreal that Jake has imprinted on me. It is massive, for someone to imprint on you. From what I understand they would do anything possible for that one person. If I did not fall for Jake myself, he would have always been there for me as a friend and nothing more if that is what I wanted. Of course, I do want more than a friendship from Jake, and knowing he feels the same makes me immensely happy.

I finally get to the house and see that he is not yet here so I look around. I glimpse Jake just coming out of the woods in the complete opposite direction than that of my parents and I. He sees me and I see the smile spread across his face as he waves. I run up to him. Please, pain stay away until later today, I plead to myself. I do want to know what is going on with me, but it can wait. It isn't that bad, I don't think. I just hope it does not become worse, whatever it is. I jump onto Jake and wrap my legs around his waist, my arms around his neck. He laughs and wraps his arms around me but when I lean into kiss him he turns his face to the side. My kiss lands on his cheek.

"What's wrong?" I ask, un-looping my legs so I am standing in front of him.

"We should tell your parents first, rather than them seeing us," he says.

"Oh, right," I say. I want to kiss him so badly. He grabs one of my hands, planting a kiss gently on the back of my hand.

"We will soon, I promise," he adds and I smile. Instead of kissing him I wrap my arms around for a hug. We walk back towards the house and just as we get to the front door mum and dad come into view.

Jake exchanges pleasantries with my parents before we walk inside. Jake and I sit on the couch and mum and dad sit on the other. I look at Jake and he nods, I feel his fingers only an inch from mine on the couch. Here goes nothing, I think.

"Mum, dad, you both know I overheard you speaking last night. You know what I overhead."

"Nes" – mum begins, however I cut her off.

"Let me finish, please. I want to think without" –I drag out the word without looking at dad- "them being overheard by dad so that's why I wanted to stay at the Cullen's last night. I spoke to Alice and Rose about it and they both told me the same thing that mum told me. That I needed to speak to Jake." Rose truthfully let it slip, well . . . was prompting me to figure it out, but Jake doesn't need to know that. I deliberately think, knowing dad will find that out anyway. He nods, showing me he heard. "Alice messaged Jake to come and I spoke to him and we sorted it out. We are together now and I wanted to tell you both. I know you won't stop us being together, you would have with Jake a long time ago, but I wanted you to let you know . . . from me," I add, wanting it clear I wanting to be the one to tell them.

Mum and dad both look happy. "We have been waiting for you to find out, and if you both would be together. We all wanted to tell you ages ago but Jake wanted to make sure you felt the same," mum says happily. I can tell she really means what she said because she is smiling still.

"Thank you. I know that dad probably already knew but I wanted to tell you both, especially you mum because you wouldn't have known."

"I didn't know anything," dad says. I stand back up straight.

"Guess I'm getting better at hiding my thoughts," I say. Jake wraps an arm around me and I lean against him. I place my hand in his so I can tell him something privately.

'At least now we can be together, they know and they're fine. I couldn't ask for a better response from them', Jake squeezes my hand and I know that he heard.

"I knew something was up because I would hear you thinking about something but then you'd change it, like you were trying to hide something. But yeah, you are getting better," he said to me.

"I know I've only just got home but can I go out with Jake? Now?" I ask.

"Of course, be back before dark and we'll see you later," dad says. My parents are good with this kind of thing; I don't go to school so I spend a lot of time with them so they don't mind when I go out with Jake or anyone else. But I thought now because they know I'm dating him they'd be different. They aren't as bad as I thought they were. I know I can't go to school but they only want what's best for me.

I look at dad and he smiles at me. I know he heard what I thought but I'm glad he did.