Chapter 12- Part 4

Aro takes my hands in his as soon as I reach them. At this point I have no idea what to think as I know at this exact moment Aro is seeing everything in my mind, everything I have ever seen.

After what is only a few seconds he releases my hand and frowns down at me.

"You are really in love with a werewolf, aren't you?" he asks.

"Why else would you be here? If you are unsure why come?" I ask.

"That is why we came, child, to see if it was wrong. As I can see what we heard is correct. Maybe a little help will change your views on who is your friends and who is your enemies."

"What do you-"

Before I can finish my question I am overwhelmed with a pain burning throughout my entire body. I realise this is Jane and try to hide the pain. It feels as if my whole body is on fire and every bone is breaking in my body. I collapse to the ground and try to restrain a scream but do not contain it for long.

"I cannot reach her! They're too far!" I hear mum yell. I look over and see her about to run up to me but Emmett grabs her from behind.

"They won't kill her, Bells, stay. Keep your shield up," I hear him say but mum keeps struggling in his arms.

"Why are you doing this?" I say as soon as the pain disappears. "The only enemy you are proving to me is you!" I say angrily. I feel that pain again but this time it has multiplied. I raise my hands to the sides of my head, grabbing my temple. I feel as if I am going to faint or worse, die. But due to the quick healing of vampires the pain keeps going, lasting what seems like an eternity.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jake's P.O.V

I run as fast as I can towards where I suspect they will have they encounter with the Volturi. It is the closest clearing to Carlisle's property so of course they would have it there, I was stupid not to realise this sooner and I just hope all of them are OK.

As I get closer to the clearing I shift into wolf form, knowing that is the form I am the most strongest in. I reach the edge and stay hidden in the bush, only wanting to come out if they really do need my help. I know whatever happens though, that I have to protect Nessie. I do not care what happens to me, as long as she remains safe. I watch as Nessie walks up to where the Volturi are standing. What is Bella and Edward doing?! Why allow her to go to the Volturi unprotected, Bella's shield won't be able to reach that far, well, I don't think it would be able to. Aro takes Nessie's hands in his as soon as she reaches him. He releases her hands after seeing what he wanted to see.

"You are really in love with a werewolf, aren't you?"

"Why else would you be here? If you are unsure, why come?" Nessie asks.

"This is why we came, child, to see if it was wrong. As I can see what we heard was correct. Maybe a little help will change your views on who is your friends and who is your enemies."

"What do you-" Nessie doesn't finish what she was about to see and I look closely to see why. I cannot comprehend why until I see her fall to the ground and I realise the girl member of the Volturi, Jane, I think, has used her power to inflict pain on Nessie. Nessie lets out a scream. I look desperately to the other side where the Cullens are. Wishing to see Bella and Edward trying to go to the aid of their daughter.

"I cannot reach her! They're too far!" Bella yells and she is about to run up to Nessie but Emmett wraps his arms around her. What the hell is he doing?!

"They won't kill her Bells, stay. Keep your shield up." Even after his 'enlightening' words Bella keeps struggling in his grip.

"Why are you doing this?" Nessie asks and my sight zooms back in on her. "The only enemy you are proving to me is you!" she yells at Aro. I can see the pain has returned to her as she raises her hands to the sides of her head. I cannot deal to watch this torture anymore. I run out of my position in the bushes on the outskirts of the clearing.