Chapter 18: Caught Red-Handed

Two weeks later...

Third Person POV

"What the hell!" Aria groaned as she tried for the fifth time to get the button on her jeans to close. She had already chipped her coral nail varnish on both her thumbs and ripped two pairs of jeans off of her body with the force she was trying to close them at, now she was trying to be as calm and gentle as possible to avoid another mishap.

She had never put on weight before in her years as a half immortal, and she couldn't remember indulging herself that much on the food during her honeymoon. Aria couldn't help but wonder if this was the blood's doing, was that even possible?

Clearly frustrated, she tried another method. Instead she hooked her fingers around the belt loops of her jeans and jumped whilst simultaneously pulling them up, trying to pull the skinny jeans even higher over her hips. If that didn't work she vowed to rip the jeans completely of her body again and live the rest of her life in yoga pants.

"Come on!" She hissed until finally she got the button into the hole. "Thank fuck for that." Aria sighed heavily and placed her hands on her hips as she stared at her reflection.

The hybrid observed herself, turning from side to side. Her stomach was still flat, her muscles still toned... maybe her hips were a little wider. She smoothed her hands over them and then shrugged, being a little more curvy wasn't an issue, clothes that didn't fit were.

Silently from the door way Alice Cullen had been watching with an amused smirk on her red-painted lips. "Now that was entertaining." She mused, her trilling voice making the unsuspecting Aria jump out of her skin, the dark brunette shot round to glare at her, completely taken by surprise.

"How did you get in here?" She snapped, reaching for her shirt to yank it over her head, the action sending her hair into a tousled mess on the top of her head.

"I built the house, therefore I have a key." Alice bragged as she danced into the room, throwing her purse down on the couch that was covered in the tattered remains of the denim that Aria had ripped off of her body. Aria glared at her as she smoothed out her hair. "Nice tan lines by the way." She smirked as she folded her arms across her chest. Then, reality dawned on Alice. "Did you really not hear me coming?" Her voice suddenly held a hint of true curiosity.

In the almost six years that Aria had been a vampire, not once had anyone been able to sneak up on her, her gifts and heightened senses just wouldn't allow it. That was until just now when Alice had been the first successful person to do so, and she wasn't trying to do it intentionally.

Aria opened her mouth ready to snap back at Alice for letting herself in but swallowed her words when it dawned on her that she really hadn't heard Alice approaching, not even her thoughts. What's wrong with me? Aria's only realistic explanation was that she just had far too much on her mind. "No... I didn't. I was a little busy." She hoped the tight jeans fiasco would suffice as a good excuse.

"You did look like you were struggling. I didn't even know you could put on weight, though your hair grows so you are susceptible to change." The tiny vampire shrugged as she took a seat beside her purse and tucked her legs under herself. "You really need to organise in here, you've been home for two weeks and you've already ruined it. I swear you're worse than Bella sometimes." She muttered as she darted up from her seat and over to the dress section of the huge closet. Alice grinned to herself when she got to Aria's beautiful wedding dress. "Aww, a month already. Are you two celebrating tonight?" She asked, adding a suggestive wiggle of her eyebrows.

Aria's mood dropped slightly. "Not tonight. Jake has to work the later shift and then it's his turn to patrol. He couldn't swap his work shifts around, we're celebrating tomorrow instead." Being back in the real world, for all intensive purposes, sucked.