Chapter 4: Celebrations

"You ruined all my plans, you know?" Jake accused me between kisses, his hands were pressing my body flush against his own. Despite the accusation there was still a sparkling smile on his face, one that seemed to match the sparkling ring I now wore on my finger.

My cheeks were starting to ache from the constant smile but I didn't want the dull pain to end, I wanted to stay in this moment forever and ever. "How so?" I remarked switching my gaze from his dark eyes to the beautiful ring that rested on my finger.

"I was going to propose in two weeks, I had it all planned out — it would have gone similarly to this —but you just had to start getting antsy didn't you?" He joked, swaying us softly from side to side as if we were dancing to inaudible music.

"I admit I felt left out." I confessed as I locked my hands together behind his head as I let him twirl me around. "Everyone was getting houses, or getting married, or having babies... I just wanted to start our life as well. Your excuse this morning was complete crap."

"I realised that... I just couldn't think of anything else to say." Jake's explanation seemed valid but there was a hint of guilt in his eyes.

To distract him I pulled away from his arms and took his hand instead and began to walk us back in the direction of my house. "Come on, let go celebrate." My voice dipped just a tone lower as I tried to sound as seductive as I thought possible.

"Actually, I had something else in mind." He confessed and my expression faltered as I tried to read him. He had got annoyingly good at hiding his particular thoughts from me, right now he was covering his real thoughts with the idea of me stripping in front of him.

"Nice." I chastised, though it was lighthearted, he knew I was reading his mind.

"You have to promise me one thing." Jake requested, stopping us mid walk to spin me back into his body.

"What's that?" I asked curiously, were there more surprises waiting for me?

"Put your shield back up." He clarified with a sly smile playing on his lips.

I narrowed my eyes at him suspiciously; there was definitely more surprises. "If you say so, fiancé." I let my shield drop into place, my senses dulling minutely. Jake then proceeded to pull a thick, grey tie out of his front pocket. "Oh, it's going to be that kind of surprise is it?"

I couldn't help but giggle as Jake's cheeks flushed pink. He stared at me, kind of amused but shocked and even a little thoughtful. Then, he suddenly shook his head and got back on point.

"No!" I laughed at his outburst. "It's for your eyes." He said.

"It still seems like that sort of surprise to me." I loved torturing him. He huffed a breath out and seemed to become even more awkward. That wasn't like him.

"Oh, shut up." He rolled his eyes before moving forward with the tie. I closed my eyes for him and let him place the tie over my eyes and knot it into place behind my head. "It's not too tight is it?"

"No, it's fine." I told him softly, holding my hand out in front of myself ready for him to take it. Losing my sight and my mind reading heightened my other senses. It was like I could feel the air shifting as Jake moved closer to me, I knew the exact moment that he would take my hand.

I became a whole new level of excited and I tried my best not to let my sense of smell lead the way for me. Immediately my mind went to Jake taking us to somewhere private and comfortable for us to celebrate rather than my house, but the longer we walked for I realised we were heading back down the path of rose petals.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked, the questioning tone very clear in my voice as I stepped along slightly behind him.

"It's a secret." He told me, again the teasing lilt mixed in with his words.