Chapter 11: 25th June 2011

Deep breaths. That's what I had to keep telling myself. Take some deep breaths and you'll be fine.

The day was finally here. After so many years of longing for this day, I was finally getting my dream wedding with my dream man. I had been fussed and doted on, received non-stop pampering from Alice as promised, and spent hours talking with my girls about my dress, the flowers and the guests. Not to mention the secrets that Alice was keeping from me concerning what had been done to the backyard for the ceremony and reception, and where she was sending us on our honeymoon.

There were so many emotions pulsing through my brain that I didn't know what to feel. I was happy, excited, nervous and scared. Though, that was normal, right? How else was a bride meant to exactly feel on her wedding day? My main fear was messing up the my vows during the rite of seven steps. I had been practicing for weeks... hopefully seeing Jake up there with me would help calm my nerves.

All that was left for me to do, to finish getting ready, was put on my dress, veil and shoes. I was currently walking around in my bridal underwear, covered up with a white, silk robe that came to about mid thigh and really soft white, fluffy slippers. My hair had been twisted and plaited into a stylish messy bun with wisps of hair framing my face, I think I had inhaled so much hairspray it was stuck to the inside of my lungs. Alice and Rosalie had done my makeup full glam, but in neutral colours that complemented my skin tone and the blue of my eyes. If I was able to display my real eyes today, I was sure the shimmer of my eye shadow would've matched with the gold perfectly.

The ceremony was due to start in an hour. I could hear the guests gathered downstairs in the house and those who could go outside in the light were in the yard. Scents of wolves, humans and vampires were floating up the stairs, I recognised the scents of our old friends who came to witness for us against the Volturi. They must've traveled here in the night to avoid the sun. I could hear their thoughts, mostly complaining about the wolf stench or the irritation of the different colour contacts they had to wear. We couldn't have any red eyes showing so Alice had stocked all the bathrooms with different colour contacts.

I smiled at hearing their voices again. The last time we had seen them was for Renesmee's fourth birthday party, the majority of them we only saw once a year but those that lived closer, like the Denalis, we saw every few months or so.

I thought about Jake getting ready with his groomsmen and family. I could picture him laughing, messing around as per usual. My mind then drifted off to how he was coping. I knew that he, the packs and the Cullen boys went out to complete their rematch early this morning. It was in fact Jake and his packs' howls that woke me, they were miles out but from their unison of howls I could only guess that the Black Pack had won. Maybe they let him win because of what day it was? I'm sure I would find out later on.

Either way, I could have easily located his thoughts to find out how he was and what he was doing, but I felt like that was wrong. Especially today. I knew we weren't really meant to see each other, and I guessed me looking into his mind was cheating.

And then I heard him, his joyous laughter filtering through my window from the yard. To hell with what I just said, he just didn't have to see me. I knew just being able to look at him would soothe me. I missed him terribly, I had struggled to fall asleep without him last night from fear that the recurring nightmare would return. It didn't, but I think that was because I had all my girls with me.

I snuck over to the window, seeing as the only person that would've stopped me had left the room to go bark orders downstairs. The rest of the girls were touching up their make up and getting dressed. I found him quickly, surrounded by his groomsmen and the rest of the packs. My heart swelled as I looked at his beautiful, handsome face. He had shaved and my stomach tightened at the sight of his angular jaw line and his gorgeous smile. His suit looked perfect on him and just seeing him took the nerves away.