Chapter 5: The Boyfriend

One Month Later...

Aria's POV

"This one... definitely this one!" I swallowed down the lump that had formed inside my throat as I stared at my reflection.

"Sweetheart, you look perfect." My mother's warm hands covered my bare upper arms as she looked into the mirror with me.

The dress was pure white, contrasting perfectly with my tanned skin, and as the sun shone in through the boutique's window the faint glow of my skin illuminated the gown. The bodice was completely lace, the skin of my torso slightly visible through the intricate design. The design continued up and across my breasts, winding into thin straps to hold the heavy dress up. From my torso, the lace design flooded downwards into thin streams over the satin, ball gown skirt. The pattern continued around the hemline, the material just about touching the floor.

"Jake is so going to cry." Catori gushed as she looked at me dreamily, her own mind drifting off thinking of herself as a bride one day.

"He better, otherwise he'll have me to deal with." Rose jeered, though there was her usual unserious lightness in her voice.

"Of course he will! Have you seen how he looks at her normally?" My mother cooed as she began to readjust the long curls that hung loose across my shoulders.

Knowing smiles spread across my guests faces as to why Jake looked at me so endearingly, and I with him really. It made my heart melt a little knowing everyone could visibly see the love between Jake and I, even my mom when she didn't know the true magic behind it.

"Okay, I have found the matching veil." Alice announced as she approached my mother and I. She carried the ten foot veil and train in her arms, the veil itself was plain apart from the similar lace pattern that adorned the edges, just like the bottom of the dress.

I internally winced when I sensed my mother's defensiveness at the Cullens being so involved in my wedding planning. My guests with me today consisted of my mother, Catori, Rachel, Scarlett, Esme, Alice, Rosalie, Bella and Aunt Renee; Renesmee was still a secret to the humans — she was currently hiding at Seth's. We decided we would introduce her as a new adoptive Cullen just before the wedding.

Alice was of course a major element to my wedding planning. In what usually takes a year to plan, she had arranged for almost everything to be ready for a June wedding this year.

In true Cullen style there was no budget, it was just spend, spend, spend. As a gift, my adopted siblings had offered to pay for the whole thing. Jake and I objected as first but Alice had already got to work planning. Secretly Jake and I agreed to pay them back in a few decades or so.

The venue was the first task in our minds, but my dad cleared that up easily by offering the yard and house to us. My dad and Joy were exceedingly happy to host the wedding in our back yard, we had more than enough room for the amount of guests Alice planned to invite. I had no idea what she had planned to do or have it look like, it was extremely under wraps deep inside of her mind, and to be honest, I wanted the surprise so I didn't peek.

The cake was of course extravagant. Four huge tiers of vanilla cake covered in teal and coppery orange coloured buttercream with a branch made from wire and fondant icing, also painted copper, wrapping itself around the cake.

Getting Jake's suit was easy, well choosing it was easy. It had to be custom made to fit his height and bulkiness. I had a revelation when I first saw him in that suit; I loved to see him in it but at the same time I wanted to rip it off of him. I had a thing for my man in a suit.

The suit was black, for both Jake and his groomsmen, both would be wearing a dark teal tie and boutonnières of orange roses. The only difference between the suits was that Jake would have a teal waistcoat and the groomsmen wouldn't.