Chapter 5 - The Fun Begins

Chapter 5 - Louis' POV

•Flashback•

"Lou! C'mere!" Angie called out, a grin plastered on her face. She was on the whole other side of the park on the swings while I just slid down the biggest slide there. I ran over to her and stopped in front of the swing. We were in 4th grade, so we were 11 at the time. It was the last year we would be best friends.

Angie jumped off the swing she was on and once she was steady on her feet again, she adjusted her glasses. Her nose was slightly pink, which made sense since it was winter. The snow was just a thin layer of white on the ground. Angie walked towards me with a smirk playing on her face.

"YOU'RE IT" she yelled and tapped my shoulder.

She started running away giggling and I chased her with a grin on my face. Angie was my best friend. She ran all over the park but eventually became tired. It was my opportunity. I ran over to where she was and tackled her to the snow covered ground yelling,

"YOU'RE IT!"

"Not fair you tackled me!" she argued.

"That's the way things go" I say smugly and get up.

Angie stood and smiled at me, her braces showing. Then all of a sudden, we heard a car beep. I turned my head and found that it was my parents in our car, a moving truck right behind them. I looked back to Angie, tears forming in her eyes. The sight of her made me tear up as well.

"Don't cry Angie, you'll make me cry" I say sort of playfully, giving her a hug. She managed to get out a little chuckle. 

"You'll come back right?" she asked through her tears.

"Promise"

"We'll still be friends?"

"Of course, why wouldn't we be?"and with one last hug, I walked towards my car. 

"BYE LOUIS!" I hear Angie yell.

"BYE ANGIE!" I yelled in return.

Little did we know, only the promise I made would be true. I came back a little over a year later to start 6th grade. I guess you can say I changed... Thanks to Puberty. That year, girls were all over me, all the cool guys stared talking to me. Within the first couple months of school, I haven't seen Angie. That was until one day at lunch. One of my "friends" was making fun of her glasses. 

"C'mon dude just knock it off" I told him.

"But look at them! They're for an old granny" he stated.

I sighed and looked at Angie, she hasn't changed a bit. Just taller. The day I left was the last day I talked to her.

"Louis, water or Pepsi?" Harry asked loudly, snapping me out of my thoughts. I was sitting by the window day-dreaming about the past. I turned my head towards him. There was a flight attendant standing next to him with a beverage cart.

"Oh um, water's fine" I say. The lady hands it to me and I just set it in the cup holder next to me. 

"You ok Boo?" Harry asks me.

I smile, "I'm fine. Just tired" 

"Go get some rest you'll need it"

"Why?"

"Liam wants to go surfing with you right when we land"

I laugh and close my eyes. I really was a jerk to Angie. I should've stayed her friend, I should've stuck up for her more.