Prologue

•Prologue•

First day of first grade. I was scared yet excited as any little kid would be. I just boarded the bus and sat in a seat all alone. My backpack was placed next to me while I sat near the window. The bus was silent, no one knew anybody. I was hoping to make great friends in first grade, Friends who I can keep forever.

Then the bus stopped and a boy came on. He was the only one at his stop and his mom had a big grin plastered on her face. He was wearing a nice white shirt, khakis, and black suspenders. His hair was cut just above his eyebrows and his brown hair was just a tad but messy.

I watched him walk down the aisle of the bus until he suddenly stopped in front of my seat.

"Can I sit with you?" he asked shyly. I only caught a glimpse of his blue eyes as I nodded slowly and moved my backpack. I fixed the pink skirt I was wearing as well and the bus started moving.

"I'm Louis" he said to me. He held out his hand and I smiled.

"I'm Angelica, but my mum and dad call me Angie" I say and shook his pudgy hand. We only talked for a little bit about how scared we are about school. We found out that we were in the same class and he made school enjoyable. I liked Louis' personality and attitude but he always picked on me a lot. Yet I still stayed his friend.

Then middle school and high school hit. Sometimes Louis had to move from place to place, but he always came back. He remembered me, but not in the way I wanted him to. He made fun of me and hung out with all of the popular kids. I can't necessarily blame him though, I was a total geek. I always tied up my hair, wore the most horrendous pair of glasses, and sported the most awful braces. I never wore fitting clothes or the most fashionable trends either. All of this made me a huge target. Every time Louis or one of his friends made a horrid remark, he would laugh along. But I saw in his eyes he felt a little sorry and he should have. He felt guilty and I hoped everyday that the guilt would kill him. I hated Louis through high school, and after that my whole life.

Only one thing brought me joy and that was singing. It was what I wanted to do and I was determined to make it my life. And that's exactly what I did. I was happy with my life and the direction it was going. I was full of love and happiness and everything good in this world. Until one stupid audition changed everything and I was once again charged up with hate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is just the prologue to set the mood/tone of this story(: Tell me what you think and give feedback! <3 remember to fan, comment, and vote!