11. Feeling numb

Previously : "Could you come over to our house?" He asked, hesitantly

"Why whats wrong?"

"It's Clarke."

//////////////////////////////////

Octavia came over that evening to comfort Clarke, even after Clarke protested. Murphy and Octavia stayed at their house overnight but Monty had to go back to work. Bellamy found Clarke and Octavia curled up in a hug on Clarke's bed and sighed. He grabbed a blanket, draping it over them carefully. Then he turned off the lights and silently closed the door of her room. He walked over and sat down on the couch next to Murphy.

"You can sleep in my room, Murphy." Bellamy offered.

"Nah man, its okay. I'll take the couch."

Bellamy didn't bother protesting. He was unbelievably tired and he fell asleep the moment his head hit the pillow. When he woke and walked out of his room he saw his sister cooking in the kitchen but there was no sign of Clarke and Murphy.

"Morning O." He said gruffly.

She shot him a small smile over her shoulder and muttered, "Morning Bell."

"Where's Clarke and Murphy?" He asked and Octavia's face fell slightly.

"Work." She mumbled, returning her attention back to her task. Bellamy sat on the stool of the kitchen aisle and drifted off into thought. He couldn't help but be curious about what Clarke had been so upset about and apparently Octavia was thinking the same.

"Do you know why Clarke was upset?" Octavia asked and Bellamy shook his head.

Clarke had been at work the whole day and she didn't feel like heading back home. She had visited her mother in her hospital room but her mother had been asleep and she started crying. She didn't feel like going home to see Bellamy. Mainly because she didn't want to face him. Clarke walked into the break room and fell asleep on the couch.

When Clarke woke up, she had multiple missed calls and texts from Bellamy but chose to ignore them. She knew she had to talk to her mother. She stormed to her mother's  hospital room just as one of the doctors left the room. She walked in and stilled when she saw her mother's  state. She was getting worse. There was a monitor in the corner of the room that was monitoring her mothers heartbeat. The beeping of the monitor was the only thing that broke the deathly silence.

"We need to talk." She said simply, and Abigail looked taken aback. Clarke knew that her mother was in a serious condition and that this wasn't what she should be talking about but she had to hear the truth. And she had to hear it from her.

"I'm sorry I ghosted you Clarke." Abigail croaked and Clarke shook her head.

"That's not what I want to talk about." She replied sternly and her mother frowned.

"Then what is it?" Her mother asked, hesitantly.

"I want you to tell me what happened to dad?!" She demanded.

Her mother's eyes widened slightly but her face stayed neutral.

"What about him?"

"I need to know how he died and this time i want the truth!" Clarke exclaimed.

She noticed that her mothers heart beat went suspiciously faster on the monitor and Clarke knew she was right. The sound of the monitor filled her ears.