6. White lies

Previously: So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Murphy asked, sitting up.

Clarke and Monty shared a sideways glance.

"Well..." Monty started.

///////////////////////////////////

"You did what!" Murphy yelled and stood up in dismay, catching the eye of a irritated barista .

"Murphy calm down." Clarke hissed, not wanting to attract attention. 

"What the hell were you thinking!" Murphy massaged the bridge of his nose, "You could get arrested for this!"

Clarke looked around self-consciously and noticed that people were throwing them disproving looks. 

"Murphy you need to be quiet. We don't want to make a scene." Monty said sternly.

"Sorry," Murphy quietened his tone but continued pacing, "Clarke the moment they find out-"

"I'm not worried about our co-workers finding out." Clarke interrupted. 

Murphy stared at the two of them confused, and the duo watched as the realisation dawned on him.

"Bellamy!" He gasped while Monty and Clarke nodded. 

"I won't be able to hide it forever. He's an officer after all." Clarke said dryly.

Murphy scoffed.

"You think! You live with the man, Griffin. What were you thinking, inviting him to live with you?" 

"What! Do you think that when I was inviting him ,I was thinking strategically  about the disadvantages of having him stay with me?" She exclaimed.

Monty and Murphy stared at her, dumbfounded.

"Yes!" They both declared in unison.

"Okay well, I can't really kick him out." Clarke sighed.

"Maybe if he finds out, he'll make an exception because you're his sister's bestie." Monty suggested.

"She stole an illegal, untested drug and injected it into someone, Monty. If the patient had died or gets side-effects that will be her fault. He's not just going to make an exception because 'she's his sisters bestie'" Murphy emphasised the last sentence.

"There has to be something I can do?" Clarke said gravely.

"Tell him?" Monty said flatly. Although he wasn't quite clear on what he meant, they didn't need him to elaborate.

"What!" Murphy and Clarke shrieked, earning themselves dirty glares from nearby costumers.

"Just tell him, it's not like your intentions were bad. Just tell him the truth. Say that 'you wanted to save your patient so you took a risk'. If you come clean now, you wont have to face it later and might get less punishment for telling the truth. Maybe Bellamy will think you were doing the right thing and help you out." He explained, wisely. 

Clarke and Murphy stared at him blankly for a few seconds.

"The fact that we are thinking that Bellamy would help me out, just proves how desperate we are." Clarke says after a few minutes of uncomfortable silence.

"Yeah. You do realise that Clarke calls him her 'demon friend'. I think our 'demon friend' helping Clarke out is other worldly." Murphy snorts. 

Meanwhile Bellamy, Miller and Jasper were sat on Clarke's couch, talking about their days work.

"Did you guys hear about that jackass that escaped Juvie last week? Heard he was sentenced for a decade." Miller said while flipping through channels on the television.