CH. 15 ~ Festival

Start from the beginning

"I think I should dye my hair black more often," I joke.

"It suits you well but I still sort of miss your Light-blue hair. Either way, you look gorgeous!" I smile brightly when she tilts her head.

"What?"

"Hold on," she responds taking off a band she had on her wrist and pulling half of my hair up into a low ponytail. "There, now let's go before you're late." We begin to make our way to the dinner I'm supposed to help in when I notice that the direction we're heading in is very familiar.

"Soyeon, by any chance, could we be heading to Aunt Bina's Dinner?" She looks over her shoulder looking surprised that I guessed correctly.

"Yeah, but how did you know?"

"I came here with Seonghwa yesterday," I reply making her reply with a small 'oh'.

"Well, then I guess I don't really need to introduce you," she thinks out loud just as we arrive outside the door. "Ok," she exhales turning sharply to me, "Bina doesn't really like me which is why I had Minnie come and convince her to let you work here. All you have to do is walk to her, greet her, and give her this paper saying you were recommended by Minnie." she tells me setting the piece of parchment in my hand.

"Wait, where are you going?" I ask hoping that she would wait for me outside in case I get rejected because my cooking skills are NOT good.

"I, well, I'm supposed to meet up with the rest of the captains for the meeting. It's really important and I need to be well dressed so..."

"Uh-huh, and I'm supposed to have a meeting with the enchantress," I deadpan sarcastically.

"Ugh, fine, I'm meeting up with Chris before we go to the conference. Now get your butt inside before I beat you up for being nosey." I laugh seeing her so flustered and get inside. "AND YOU BETTER NOT TELL ANYONE!" she yells from outside and I shake my head grinning widely. The bell at the front of the dinner alerts everyone inside of my presence. I walk over to the counter where I'm greeted by a mean-looking girl.

"Take a seat anywhere, I'll get your order shortly," she speaks not looking up from the register in the slightest.

"Um, actually, I--"

"Did you not hear me? I said I'll take your order shortly," she cuts in rudely ticking me off.

"Honey, I know what you said, but I'm saying that I'm here to meet up with Bina over a job opening. Now, would you please lift your arrogant little head and listen because I will NOT repeat myself again. Where is Aunt Bina?" Someone in the back seems to notice my reaction because they step forward to see what happening.

"Suzie, Go see how you can help Bina. I'll take over the tables for now." A deep voice suggests stepping into our little stand-off. I didn't notice who it was at first because I was too focused on the girl.

"Fine, but don't be too nice. She ain't worth it," the girl tells him moving away. She sends me one last glare before turning around fully to walk to the back.

"Ma'am, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'll take your order right away," he apologizes with a small smile as he takes over the cash register. "What can I get for you?" I laugh shocked at the fact that he hasn't recognized me.

"Seonghwa, It's me. Sun-Mi." I tell him.

"SUN-MI?" he exclaims looking at me wide-eyed. "Where have you been? What happened last night? W-When did you dye your hair?" He begins to bombard me with questions going around the counter to stand in front of me and I smile placing my hands behind my back cutely.